(Answered by A2K Geniuses) Simple question for Comp. expert.

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:04 pm
The W2K drive was available, and the dominant drive... I mean when both were plugged in; it was the only one registering. I had unplugged it to load up my new copy of XP. Then, when I replugged it in; it was as if I had never loaded XP on the other drive. So I changed the jumper setting to slave on the W2K and master on the XP and since then I can't get to the W2K drive at all (I also monkeyed with the bios, but with no luck). Now the computer only boots if the W2K drive is disconnected.
I'll try monkeying with the jumper setting and let you know what happens.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 08:57 pm
Many thanks to Monger, Timber and Jer! You guys rule! I'm a moron. When I examined the jumper I was using to designate the W2k drive a slave (it seemed kinda loose), I didn't see any metal in there. I used a screwdriver to bend the prongs together manually and Bingo! All seems to be working like a charm. Again, thank you very much for your help, Bill
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 09:30 pm
Cool ... now, back up your registries, and make emetgency boot disks with CD-ROM support, and file 'em all someplace safe. One these days, I swear, I'm gonna get around to that. Oh, yeah ,,, and its a great idea to lable the disks ... both ways - name the disk on its directory when you make it, and attach a lable to the disk and to the sleeve you store it in. I'm gonna do that someday, too Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 01:18 am
Cool, Bill. Good on ya. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 02:23 pm
Glad to hear things are working again Bill!
0 Replies