What's official term for the "details" of a film budget?

Muarck

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 12:30 pm
What's official term for the "details" of a film budget? The "overview" is the topsheet. What are the details? The stuff after the topsheet?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,395 • Replies: 7
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 12:47 pm
@Muarck,
Aren't you supposed to be the professional screenwriter AKA the film ringer of a2k?

Quote:
Above the Line:
Refers to the creative elements of a production such as the writer, producer, director and actors. Literally, these are the elements which appeared above a bold line which divided standard production budget sheets. (Production)

Quote:
Below the Line:
Refers to the technical elements of the production staff. Literally, these are the budget elements that appeared below a bold line on a standard production budget form. (Production

http://www.filmland.com/glossary/Dictionary.html
Muarck

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 12:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
There's a big difference between a screenwriter and a line producer.
And unfortunately, the above the line and below the line refer to different areas the financing will go and they are both covered in both the top sheet and the "details". The topsheet is simply all the details summarized on one sheet.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 01:00 pm
@Muarck,
Do you possibly mean 'line item'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_budgeting
Muarck

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 02:17 pm
@Ragman,
Is there one name for the whole body of the document though, not the individual lines. So you have the Top Sheet and... "the details"?
0 Replies

Muarck

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 12:31 am
@Ragman,
Maybe I was thinking there was a term when there really isn't. The best I can come up with is: "breakdown" or as Ragman said: "line item".
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 12:41 am
@Muarck,
Line item is a common budget term that goes beyond film production. It's a very common term in the congressional budget. That's why I didn't mention it. Thought you were looking for something more film production centric.
roger

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 02:15 am
@tsarstepan,
Financial statements do come in various levels of detail. The board of directors' version is not much more that an executive summary. Department managers get lots of detail. I'm sure the film industry has a name for their most detailed level, but have no idea what it is called.
0 Replies