Sometimes Things Just Work Out

djjd62

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:43 pm
so, about a year and a half ago, i went up north to help Tai Chi and my BIL move into the schoolhouse

on the ferry over i'm in the gift shop and i buy a comic book, this one

http://images.wikia.com/batman/images/5/53/Batman_and_Robin-26_Cover-1.jpg

now i rarely buy single issue comics anymore, i wait for collected editions (i will buy the odd old comic at yard sales or used bookstores), and when purchasing this particular issue i had already accumulated two volumes collecting this titles run

i had no idea this was the last issue of this particular comic books incarnation and it sat on my shelf for a number of months, a while back i completed the collected editions of this particular series and was surprised to find that issue #26 wasn't included, the series ended with # 25, which was fine as the story went since it was the culmination of a story arc anyway

it's curious though, that issue #26 the final in the series (and a standalone story) wasn't included, and fortuitous that something (and really it was the cover and interior art work that grabbed me) made me purchase this single issue

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 07:48 pm
@djjd62,
Let this teach you to visit your sis a lot more often. Wink
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 06:42 am
@djjd62,
Lucky you!

I love the cover art. A clockwork orange? Is that the villain?
djjd62

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 07:02 am
@boomerang,
it's a tale of dissolution and rearrangement

Da Da was deconstructing the world as we know it, and attempting to rebuild a new one, it's an odd tale and an interesting one given that DC itself was getting ready to deconstruct and recreate the DC universe in a story arc, called Flashpoint, the result of which led to them wiping the slate clean and a relaunch of all titles and some new ones, origins were re-told and characters were revamped
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 11:33 am
@djjd62,
When I first started reading your thread DJ, I thought you were going to say, the comic you bought had an error in the printing and you just found out that the value of the comic had recently skyrocketed.
djjd62

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 01:44 pm
@tsarstepan,
i've probably had comics that were worth money, but i read them

many times

and sometimes spilled food and beer on them (in the good old days i picked up my Friday comic order and would often sit reading them in the Rose and crown with a pint and some fish and chips waiting for whomever was hanging out that night to show up, as we headed out the comics would get stuffed into a backpack and carted all over the city)
0 Replies