Your favorite graphic novels or works of manga?

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2020 09:44 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 534 • Replies: 3
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 04:27 pm
Finally gotten around to reading manga (from what I've already owned - purchased in the past three years) and I returned to using my neighborhood public library since December.

What I've been reading so far that I'll gleefully recommend.
16 volumes into Komi Can’t Communicate. A high school comedy (episodic) series centered on a very shy, (mostly) nonverbal introvert.

A slice of life comedy series about high schoolers who enjoy camping. That's it. very low stakes. Laid Back Camp! Read 3 volumes so far. So far, it basically covers the same material the anime does.

And finally, Girls' Last Tour. On paper? A bit bizarre. Hard to explain how a post apocalyptic series works as a slice of life as we follow two teenage girls wandering through an epically state or country sized, empty of all life. They're not the last humans remaining. But they pass through areas which held 10,000s? 100,000s? Greater? With no sign of life.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2023 01:58 pm
V for Vendetta is sublime, so much better than the film.

I was there at the beginning when it was serialised in Warrior, then Warrior ceased publication when it was about 2/3 of the way through. It was ten years before I found out how it ended.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2023 01:09 pm
@tsarstepan,

0 Replies