WHAT'S FOR DINNER TONIGHT?

Wildflower63

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 04:16 am
It is always leftovers at my house! I cook meals at strange hours. I can't get anyone at the table at the same time, ever. My husband works all kinds of strange hours, not that anyone can expect him to actually be home. He raids late at night. I have two teen kids with completly different ideas when it comes to when to eat. I am sick of the same old that I cook!

I do cook, but even go as far to put everything on a plate with Saran wrap to make sure they eat a balanced meal around here. Everyone is very microwave happy around here. How much more dysfunctional can you get if you can't get your own family at the dinner table!

Here, I cook food that I would call leftovers, since no one bothers to come to the table at dinner time, or any other meal for that matter!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 06:36 pm
Wildflower

That sounds like a good argument for everyone to cook for themselves! (AND clean up after themselves, too!)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 07:36 pm
home cooked
medium-fast cook time
comfort food - not really
healthy enough
frshly made
vegetarian
cooked by me and my housemate

We had quick-cooking polenta which she handled and a sauce that I handled. The sauce was roasted pinenuts, rehydrated porcini mushrooms with a little of the resulting liquid, a little garlic/rosemary/parsley/parmasan sauteed in olive oil.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 07:50 pm
Some pureed spinach / celery / coriander, with tomato, onion, ginger and paneer! Not as good as the local take-away - but I'm trying! I'm not sure just what it was missing (maybe the takeaway uses a ton of salt!?)
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 07:56 pm
Chinese takeout -- sliced pork w/broccoli, cashew chicken, spring rolls, egg drop soup, a couple of little appetizers (crab rangoon, fried wonton).

Girl Scout Thin Mints for dessert.

Just noticing how completely **** my NCAA tournament bracket looks...

Oh, and I missed the memo about the mass-avatar rabbit conversion...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 12:14 am
littlek wrote:
home cooked
medium-fast cook time
comfort food - not really
healthy enough
frshly made
vegetarian
cooked by me and my housemate

We had quick-cooking polenta which she handled and a sauce that I handled. The sauce was roasted pinenuts, rehydrated porcini mushrooms with a little of the resulting liquid, a little garlic/rosemary/parsley/parmasan sauteed in olive oil.

littlek

Gosh, I just LOVE teamwork in the kitchen! Very Happy
Your dinner sounded scrumptious, BTW ..... Yum!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 12:19 am
margo wrote:
Some pureed spinach / celery / coriander, with tomato, onion, ginger and paneer! Not as good as the local take-away - but I'm trying! I'm not sure just what it was missing (maybe the takeaway uses a ton of salt!?)

Couldn't be the ol' MSG, could it? Very Happy
Nah, I reckon it was garlic & a smidgeon of chili.
Good to see that you're experimenting, margo. I should do more of that!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 12:21 am
PDiddie

Sounds good to me! Got any left-overs you can send this way? Very Happy
0 Replies