How can something come from nothing?

Looking4Truth

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 10:14 pm
@Looking4Truth,
Religious stories that were written and preserved do exist. To much information was lost in time to know what truely happened to our ancestors and what they saw and KNEW. The puzzle doesn't have enough pieces left to see the WHOLE story of history.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 06:53 am
@tenderfoot,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5255623)
Quote...My statement, "it might or it might not”…is 100% correct no matter what the REALITY. Your assertion is only correct if the REALITY is that the universe is infinite. So I am not sure why you suppose your assertion “has more grounds.”

Can you fill me in on why you think that? Unquote.

I already have ( there can't be a start line as there has to be something to determine the "Start" ) ~~~ you prove to me that my space ship "might " hit something and if it does hit what " might " be there, just tell me what might be the other side???

It is not up to me to "prove" anything here. The burden is yours...to prove that it won't hit something.

REALITY MAY BE different than what you are supposing it to be.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 06:58 am
@Looking4Truth,
Quote:
Re: fresco (Post 5255876)
I've been waiting for Frank to ask, but I lost my patients . Ah the big "temporary reality" and how I know that. Can you fathom ETERNITY? I can't. Can you imagine what has had to have ALWAYS been? I can't. Eternity past is something that had to have been. Something that had no physical being to it. Something with no time, distance, nor matter. Nothing mattered. Something matters now. Excuse my play on words, I'm just having a little fun with my explanation . What is isn't understood. What was can't be imagined. What will be? Why? A couple of simple questions to ponder.

Ahhh....I see. So you essentially are saying that because you cannot fathom or imagine something...that thing cannot be.

Interesting thinking!
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 06:59 am
@Looking4Truth,
Also interesting that you lose your patience so easily.
0 Replies

Looking4Truth

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 10:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
No, eternity has to be. Reality can't be eternal there for separate from eternity. Although we cannot fathom nor imagine eternity, it still must be.

Patients takes practice. I'm workin on it Smile
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 01:12 pm
@Looking4Truth,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5256645)
No, eternity has to be.

You really ought to refrain from making statements like that. There is no way to establish that as a fact. At best, it is a guesss.

Quote:
Reality can't be eternal there for separate from eternity.

I've read this sentence several times...and I cannot make sense of it. If you re-write it, I will respond.

Quote:
Although we cannot fathom nor imagine eternity, it still must be.

You really ought to refrain from making statements like that. There is no way to establish that as a fact. At best, it is a guesss.

Quote:
Patients takes practice. I'm workin on it

Don't take this too seriously, but you ought put some work into spelling the word properly. Wink
Looking4Truth

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 03:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Reality is carnality. It's a physical state which we dwell in. It's what we see, hear, smell, touch, and taste. All that we sense isn't all that there is. What was here before "stuff"? People assume nothing, but whatever it was will always be. That "nothing" (what I call eternity) exsists outside our understanding. It is seperate (oh can yu fix my spelin? Razz ) from our reality.

Some knowledge is assumed. Other knowledge should be a given. Common sense. I guess you're right that most of my "guesses" can't be proven. Common sense isn't very common either. On the other hand, sense itself can be deceiving.
0 Replies

genefog2

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 08:25 am
@ripple,
Of course something can come from nothing. I got whacked by a ball of paper in class the other day and I turned around to look. I'm sure it came out of nowhere.
Looking4Truth

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2013 07:17 pm
@genefog2,
Damn manifesting paper balls! When will they stop.
0 Replies

north

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 03:21 pm

Has there been a definition of nothing ?
Looking4Truth

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 08:26 am
@north,
I would define nothing as empty. Nothing is no thing. Nothing is no reality, no time, no space, no distance, nor matter. Nothing is the absence of all things. Nothing is what does not exist. Nothing is irrelevant to what is relative. Nothing is what we cannot fathom. To simplify, nothing is nothing.

So, where are we? Who are we? What do we know and understand? Something? Some things? What are these things we know? What is this reality that we dwell in? What is in our minds? What is this light that we see? All things?

What is it that we question? What is it that we do not know of?

You trippin'. Where is this "trip" taking you? What is our destination? The face! Straight to the head! Laughing it's hilarious!
imans

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 03:38 am
when nothin is smthg it says how any and thing is a serious matter

nothing is smthg that cant matter bc relative so not a true existin fact of objective constant present

that is how conscious is an essential identification meanin existing certainty presence, and that is why the question is what u do not what r u doing, that present being u value justification in truth of present values
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 01:22 am
Does not our perception of time rely on sequences of events?
Either there was a first event . .
Or, there has been and endless succession of events.

If there was a first event, is it what is commonly called the 'big bang'?
Or was it the creation of this entity, described in Colossians 1:14-17?
". . . the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist. . ."?

As for what may or may not have existed 'before', that might require an adjustment to our perception of time.
imans

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 05:36 am
@neologist,
this is the lie sold for all powers abuse

it is obvious that existence consciously is ruled by evil life in takin advantage of facts knowledge to possess all existence as thing object tool while stayin non existing and by throwin the living true right in worse as nothing
and here it goes again worse then ever insolence edges of destroyin live nothing true

the idea that reveals the lie is the knowledge that it is impossible in truth to b the source of a source, one of the absolute rule the most categoric is what any existing true is untouchable by facts of forms and substance of wills
impossible that any of that could b object
so the lie is proven and that is what u see liar
neologist

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 04:18 pm
@imans,
Are you agreeing with me or did you just tell me off?
JLNobody

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:59 pm
@Looking4Truth,
You say that "nothing is no thing". Is it meaningful to say also that nothing, in the sense of no thing, is everything? When I die, I like to tell myself, I will cease to be this particular thing that seems to be and return to what I was before I was born: everything. At the same time, of course, I become no-thing, i.e., instead of a particular something I become a general everything--which I really am even now, but being ego-centered "I" am not aware of it.
imans

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 03:49 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

im callin u a liar since workin for the lie market, which function is to keep inventin cheapest arguments from existence knowledge abuse so the possession of all existence could stay guaranteed in evil hands
imans

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 03:54 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

You say that "nothing is no thing". Is it meaningful to say also that nothing, in the sense of no thing, is everything? When I die, I like to tell myself, I will cease to be this particular thing that seems to be and return to what I was before I was born: everything. At the same time, of course, I become no-thing, i.e., instead of a particular something I become a general everything--which I really am even now, but being ego-centered "I" am not aware of it.

u r not bein but ur will that is why u mean usin logics relatively and not provin the absolute condition before referin to absolute logics

no thing could b everything free, but then it is that u here which justify conscious freedom and how existence is true since individually

like also suggestin that u can know what u must die to happen is also provin the liar u r
wat exist when u r not there so dead is free from u then u cant have any point about it, in such absolute term that even u stop existin if u reach an abstract link with beyond u, bc the max of ur existence is u what is about else since beyond ur existence, the u die cannot b present with another present

when u say u go there and then else after killed this u r clearly lyin, showin how u r inventin a support to smthg wrong
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 05:54 am
@imans,
imans wrote:

neologist wrote:

im callin u a liar since workin for the lie market, which function is to keep inventin cheapest arguments from existence knowledge abuse so the possession of all existence could stay guaranteed in evil hands
Misinformed, perhaps. Illogical, maybe. But a liar?

I'll cut you some slack because it appears that English is not your native language.

That being said, I must conclude that, insofar as the topic of this thread applies to you, it is indeed true that nothing comes from nothing.
imans

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 06:32 am
@neologist,
piece of nothing urself freak hypocrit liar obviously enjoyin to take advantage of some cheap knowledge and of someone else value