What should I buy my brother and his wife for Christmas?

Tue 18 Dec, 2012 02:10 pm
They have a baby on the way and all they've asked for is baby stuff and a coffee maker (which my parents bought them). I got them some coffee, but that's not really a whole present and my sister-in-law doesn't even drink coffee (especially not right now).

I don't really want to buy them baby stuff because I know my cousin is going to have a big shower for them and I'll be getting them baby stuff then. Maybe I should anyways though, since that's what they asked for?

Any ideas for what to buy them? Not a gift card of any kind, those are always last resorts for me. Although I also can't get them anything that will take up space. So maybe I should get them a gift card for dinner or something? But I really like to have an actual item to give people on Christmas...

jespah

Tue 18 Dec, 2012 03:02 pm
@pancakebattery,
Give them something that will be in short supply when the baby comes. A gift card for a restaurant is a good idea. Plus perhaps something like a coupon for babysitting (by you), time and date to be chosen by them.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 18 Dec, 2012 03:05 pm
@pancakebattery,
How about something for pampering the new mom and dad. I used to like to pay stuff from the Body Shop in cases like this as they had a nice line of products for new mothers, and they also have sunscreens and lotions for men.

edit : they have some nice massage oils - good for a couple who needs to get comfortable together again
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 18 Dec, 2012 03:38 pm
Earplugs!
(no, no, I'm kidding)

I'd think of a raising baby advice book, but I've no idea which are the wisest, and that might be for later anyway, the shower or after baby is born.

I like Beth's idea about the mom comfort items, and then dad the coffee stuff.

Anyway, something for each of them as a person..
0 Replies

Steve Drew

Thu 27 Dec, 2012 09:21 pm
Hello,

I think you should have give some cute gifts related to their coming baby. And for Christmas give a big card and a decorated small tree for their small family.

Thanks a lot
Steve Drew
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 27 Dec, 2012 09:48 pm
I apologize for ever believing this shill.
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Thu 27 Dec, 2012 09:51 pm
@pancakebattery,
A cheque to cover two coffins, to be presented to the mortician after death?

Nobody wants to think about death.

Gotta ask once in a while, there may actually be a persona worth stealing away..
0 Replies

thecleedus01

Wed 16 Apr, 2014 12:22 am
@pancakebattery,
I think you should have give some cute toys to their coming baby.
0 Replies

ScarlettLewis

Thu 6 Nov, 2014 03:21 am
Pampering products would be great for the soon to be parents. And you can also give them gifts that is useful for their baby.
0 Replies