8

What should I buy my brother and his wife for Christmas?

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 02:10 pm
They have a baby on the way and all they've asked for is baby stuff and a coffee maker (which my parents bought them). I got them some coffee, but that's not really a whole present and my sister-in-law doesn't even drink coffee (especially not right now).

I don't really want to buy them baby stuff because I know my cousin is going to have a big shower for them and I'll be getting them baby stuff then. Maybe I should anyways though, since that's what they asked for?

Any ideas for what to buy them? Not a gift card of any kind, those are always last resorts for me. Although I also can't get them anything that will take up space. So maybe I should get them a gift card for dinner or something? But I really like to have an actual item to give people on Christmas...

3  
Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 03:02 pm
@pancakebattery,
Give them something that will be in short supply when the baby comes. A gift card for a restaurant is a good idea. Plus perhaps something like a coupon for babysitting (by you), time and date to be chosen by them.
ehBeth

2  
Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 03:05 pm
@pancakebattery,
How about something for pampering the new mom and dad. I used to like to pay stuff from the Body Shop in cases like this as they had a nice line of products for new mothers, and they also have sunscreens and lotions for men.

edit : they have some nice massage oils - good for a couple who needs to get comfortable together again
pancakebattery

1  
Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 03:21 pm
@jespah,
Yeah, I am sort of leaning towards a restaruant gift card right now, but I still want to see if I can't come up with something else.

Haha, I think they already know I'm going to want to babysit. Same with my brother's other sisters (he's my half brother) and his wife's sister, and all six grandparents, and various cousins... They're the first on either side of the family to have kids ^^;;

pancakebattery

1  
Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 03:24 pm
@ehBeth,
I think Jenny would like something like that! I can just imagine the look my brother would give me if I gave him any sort of lotion, though, lol.

The coffee is really for him, though, so I could pick up something that was really just for her...
ossobuco

1  
Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 03:38 pm
@pancakebattery,
Earplugs!
(no, no, I'm kidding)

I'd think of a raising baby advice book, but I've no idea which are the wisest, and that might be for later anyway, the shower or after baby is born.

I like Beth's idea about the mom comfort items, and then dad the coffee stuff.

Anyway, something for each of them as a person..

Steve Drew

0  
Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 09:21 pm
Hello,

I think you should have give some cute gifts related to their coming baby. And for Christmas give a big card and a decorated small tree for their small family.

Thanks a lot
Steve Drew

ossobuco

4  
Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 09:48 pm
I apologize for ever believing this shill.

nothingtodo

0  
Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 09:51 pm
@pancakebattery,
A cheque to cover two coffins, to be presented to the mortician after death?

Nobody wants to think about death.

Gotta ask once in a while, there may actually be a persona worth stealing away..

thecleedus01

-1  
Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 12:22 am
@pancakebattery,
I think you should have give some cute toys to their coming baby.

ScarlettLewis

0  
Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 03:21 am
Pampering products would be great for the soon to be parents. And you can also give them gifts that is useful for their baby.