Are women in Europe shaving their underarms yet?

margo

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 01:39 pm
Setanta wrote:
margo wrote:
Gonzita - Americans know where Austria is - it's that place in the southern hemisphere with those funny animals, isn't it? Evil or Very Mad Shocked

Thanks for the "lumping us all together as idiots" there, Margo. It is reassuring to know that the Ozzians think so highly of us.

Setanta Laughing Trouble is - it's not uncommon! You are significantly better informed, more erudite, articulate, etc., than some.

Sometimes I think you may even know where Australia is, especially in relation to Austria! Razz

<I'd better stop now before I get into strife.....again>

gonzita wrote:

ok ok... i'm giving up. we don't shave.

gonzita - don't give up on my account!
My role here is to bait anyone who'll bite! Setanta had the right to be mortally offended, but he is far from the norm!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 02:10 pm
Sure I know where Oztralia is . . . fly west 'til you get to Hawaii, then fly southwest 'til ya get to Tahiti, the fly west southwest 'til ya get to New Zealand, then, get out on the tarmac an' ask the first person ya see:

"Where the hell am i ? ! ? ! ?"
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 02:13 pm
Setanta wrote:
Sure I know where Oztralia is . . . fly west 'til you get to Hawaii, then fly southwest 'til ya get to Tahiti, the fly west southwest 'til ya get to New Zealand, then, get out on the tarmac an' ask the first person ya see:

"Where the hell am i ? ! ? ! ?"

Yeah!!!!! Very Happy Razz Twisted Evil
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 04:04 am
Hi Gonzita! More German speaking people! This really is a great international forum!

And I know where Australia is! That's the upsidedown country, right? My Austrialian colleague explained it all to me! Ha!
0 Replies

omega

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 05:56 am
SCoates wrote:
In St. Petersburg hygene hasn't caught on yet. But then, that is one of the poorer parts of europe.
Removal of body hair is a cultural thing and no group should foist their cultural beliefs on another group. There is a reason why God had created hair on the body. Europeans have more body hair than other races,and I can understand the sometimes irrational obsession with hair removal. However Europeans must not try to recruit other races to this strange practice. I am black,and will never go with a female who has removed hair from a certain place. White women even shave their pubic hair. In the roll-call of thousands of British paedophiles there are no black men. This is absolutely baffling to many criminologists. The reason for this is obvious. I can understand the reasons for the removal of underarm hair, but come on-Pubic hair. The presence of this( pubic hair)more than any other feature, distinguishes a child from a woman.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 07:17 am
Welcome Omega. That was quite a ridiculous load of crap you just plopped down there. I think it's still steaming.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 06:21 pm
And he registered with A2K especially to post it!

Scary <grins>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 06:33 pm
A sprightly young lass from Eau Claire,
Decided to shave off some hair.
She chose the location
Of secret depilation
So as not to cause people to stare.
0 Replies

gonzita

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 01:08 am
omega wrote:
Europeans have more body hair than other races,and I can understand the sometimes irrational obsession with hair removal.

Europeans don't have more body hair than other races, because "the Europeans" are no race. And as white Americans came from Europe the difference can't be that tremendous.

By the way - even if God created my underarm hair, it may still be dispensable for me :wink: .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 04:56 am
As i recall, we are discussing but one race--the human race.
0 Replies

gonzita

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 12:55 pm
Setanta wrote:
As i recall, we are discussing but one race--the human race.

are you sure ? Rolling Eyes
http://www.sofawolf.de/Lexikon/chines2.gif
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 12:57 pm
Yes, i have no doubts, despite a human penchant for shaving more than simply themselves . . .

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

good one, Boss . . .
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 01:43 pm
Yes

Have Americans stopped walking bowlegged, saying 'Dang' a lot and spitting tobacco juice?
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 02:03 pm
A while ago I was surfing my way thru a wealth of obscure cable channels & came upon a chat show about ladies of a certain bent persuation. One of those taking part was of an industrial leaning & had her hair cut like a man and had drawn a moustache and sideburns on her face. she also wore a mans suit and tie. very strange
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 09:30 am
There was a programme on a while ago about a bearded American lady, long flowing beard and she was determined not to shave or wax or use any other methods to get rid of it Shocked
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 09:44 am
Ahhhhhh; The corporate boardrooms of America echo with cheers for this most 'patriotic' of threads.
All is well with the hands of corporate America firmly shoved down the pants (or should i say up the skirts) of the heros of the most 'totally' "IN" group - the consumer who buys shaving cream, razor blades, deodorants, deodorant soaps, dipilatory creams, perfumes, etc. etc; in the hope that no one will ever suspect that they are, were, or have ever been 'human'!
0 Replies

skilover

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 11:39 am
As an American male, I've gotten used to women without pit or leg hair. Its interesting to me that women shave their pits and men generally don't , because I think long, sweaty armpit hair is equally disgusting on either sex. I do shave my armpits as well, and love the clean feeling, and I think the armpit area is very sexy when shaved smooth, men and women both. Obviouly lots of people feel this way, or you wouldn't see so many armpit shots of women selling bathing suits, lingerie, etc, etc. Of course, you NEVER see male armpit shots, for the simple reason they are very unattractive unless shaved. Especially as men get older, the hair spreads out, so its not a "cute" little tuft, but rather a large area of rough, long, hair. I have found by shaving there I never need use deodorant, and never, ever smell. Since I wonder about the chemicals they put in deod, I think that's a good thing. Plus, I am a serious weight lifter, and find that the arm muscles look so nice without the armpit hair as a distraction..

I know I'm in the minority, but I think most men just don't want to feel obligated to do any grooming that might require work. Especially in America, we have polarised the difference between men and women to the extreem, where women are obsessedd with their bodies, their shaving, their fitness, etc.: the typical American male is supposed to be a TV sport watching slob, who drinks beer, shaves his face only for work, and showers are rarely as possible, selecting his clothing by sniffing the pits of a pile of clothing to see which might be acceptably clean. Obviously, such a creature is NOT going to shave his pits, legs or anyother body part. This is a very strongly ingrained architype.

Personally, I'm surprised the razor companies don't push men to shave more of their bodies, think of the number of blades they could sell. And, in counter action to the American male architype noted above, the "HOT" men in ads for underwear, sports wear, etc., are all in perfect shape with shaven bodies. Naturally, the typical American male thinks these men are "GAY". Naturally, because they are a threat--if women want their man smooth, he'll have to shave, and he doesn't want to take the effort. This is very threatening. I've also noticed that some women LOVE smooth men, others love chest and leg hair. I don't think anyone loves pit hair, and noone loves back hair, for some mystery reason.

Its all very strange.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 04:04 am
Welcome, skilover

Good points.

KP

(PS I love skiing, too!)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 04:17 am
I've been trying to grow my armpit hair into a fine tapestry of long curls, but it doesn't seem to be working. I was always for the Cousin It look, but I can't do it without a giant wig.
0 Replies

gonzita

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 12:15 pm
cousin IT's hair is armpit hair Shocked ??? well draped !!!
0 Replies