Are women in Europe shaving their underarms yet?

Thok

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 11:51 am
It called:

metrosexual
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 11:57 am
Slovakia on board. Young women in cities at least surely do shave. same for all of central europe, if i may speak in their name.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 12:15 pm
Underarm hair turns me off like anything !!! YUK !!! I personally don't shave, but keep it very neatly trimmed Smile
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 12:19 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
same for all of central europe, if i may speak in their name.

Permit granted :wink:
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 12:27 pm
In the UK, most women shave their armpits.

Anyway, since when did "armpit" become an unmentionable word - it's perfectly descriptive. "Axilla" is a bit clinical but "underarms" sounds stupid to me. It's like calling the neck the "underhead" Smile

It is my experience that some women in central Europe don't shave their armpits. The only woman I know who doesn't shave (or wax, presumably) that part of their anatomy is a (very "out") lesbian in New York!

As for health, I can't see that it's an advantage to shave - skin irritation can result and it has been shown that deodorants, together with shaving, can increase the likelihood of breast cancer.

Smell may be another thing - I can understand that pheromones linger on hair longer than on shaven skin...but that's about cosmetic choices, I would suggest.

For the record, unless it's excessive, I don't find women sporting hair under their arms unattractive. Hairy legs or lop lips are another story...ugh!

KP
0 Replies

beebo

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 01:56 pm
Quote:
Hairy legs or lop lips are another story...ugh

what are lop lips???????

I shave, wax, pluck or laser every strand of hair from eyelashes down. I never use deodorant & do not need it. I think that hair traps bacteria - creating the smell.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 11:05 pm
I knew my information was years old. I also knew by saying that i'd draw all y'all out of the woodwork.

Like I said, armpit hair can be sexy when done right. Of course, if I was a woman wearing a sleeveless shirt, I'd probably shave it too.

In the bedroom - sexy. On the street - ugh!

And the hair does trap the bacteria, beebo. Especially when you've been sweating a lot. Obviously, that wouldn't be 'done right'.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 01:35 am
Bacteria are normal. We have millions of them all the time.
More I suppose in some places some times. So it goes.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 09:35 am
beebo wrote:
Quote:
Hairy legs or lop lips are another story...ugh

what are lop lips???????

I shave, wax, pluck or laser every strand of hair from eyelashes down. I never use deodorant & do not need it. I think that hair traps bacteria - creating the smell.

Embarrassed That was supposed to be TOP lips - i.e. a mustache, not any other kind of lip...though hair removal from other areas south of the jaw line seems an inevitable future direction of this thread, I'd warrant!

KP
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 09:45 am
I'd back up KP here by saying that all the British women I have had the esteemable pleasure of being intimate with have had shaven 'pits. I don't mind a bit of stubble, but I like the fact that women are less hairy than men, and encourage anything that adds to their naturally less-hairy state.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 09:49 am
How very ironic are the comments about St. Petersburg. After Petr Alexeevitch established the city, and made it his capital, various ministers from other European states took up residence. The Russians had a long-standing tradition of public baths, and these diplomats frequently wrote to their masters about this disgusting Russian habit of frequent bathing.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 03:01 pm
For what I know most women shave their armpits here. But I am wondering: what is so interesting about that? I mean, armpits???
Anyway, this is my 100th post....and than I look at Setanta, who has 11,441 posts... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 03:12 pm
Rick, you were obviously interested enough to put in your two cents. :wink:
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 03:15 pm
True...smart thinking :wink:
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 05:34 pm
Setanta, first of all, that sounds like a royal luxary. Secondly, teh russians do have public bath houses, but they never change the water. I have been there, it is disgusting. Green water.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 05:37 pm
Oh, but I should add, there are those who bath, and groom themselves, but it is by far not the norm. The poorer people have much more important things to do with their time.
0 Replies

beebo

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 09:10 pm
Quote:
That was supposed to be TOP lips - i.e. a mustache, not any other kind of lip...

okay, I was worried that there was something new that I needed to be doing down there
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:40 pm
Gautam wrote:
Underarm hair turns me off like anything !!! YUK !!! I personally don't shave, but keep it very neatly trimmed Smile

Ever wax Gautam? Very Happy

beebo: *LOL*

kickycan: Once again, you continue to amaze me with what goes on in that head of yours!! (The big one....sitting between your shoulders....in case there was doubt. Your mind works in devious ways after all! Mr. Green)
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 11:05 pm
caprice wrote:
I like to save all the underarm hair that I shave off, but I make sure to wash it first so the pile doesn't start to mold.

That's not healthy, caprice. I assume you're joking, right?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 12:37 am
So, uh, I guess the whole "hardwood floor" concept is a seperate thread altogether?
0 Replies