dlowan

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 09:46 pm
Thank you Sum. Welcome indeed.
0 Replies

sum

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 09:53 pm
yes i m new,so would you like tell something about you?
zi hu zhe ye~
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 10:03 pm
hmmm, christmas in march. i like it. has a nice ring to it...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 10:25 pm
Welcome Sum and thank you for leading me to the wascally wabbit. I've been wandering around in the Outback for months and I'm ready for Chistmas. And a drink, no eggnog, thank you. Just champagne, the very best for those of us who go walk-about looking for wascally wabbits in the Outback, don't you know?

Not that the Outback isn't a very "in" place to be, it's just that looking for particular wascally wabbits can be a thirstifying job, ergo, the champagne, the very best, thank you, Bollingers if you please or if you don't please, but no digressions unless it is to go out for more champagne. Just stay out of the Outback since I've already been there and there is a whole lot of there, there, but I digress.
0 Replies

sum

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 10:36 pm
confused..
can you please tell what you realy mean?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:04 am
Sum - you have landed in the midst of a series of threads here I call the "Digression" threads. They are a place for people to meet and be silly and witty - so a lot of what is said is meant ironically, which means it can be confusing for someone whose first language is not English.

You may notice that the picture next to my name is of a rabbit, or bunny - so people make lots of joking references about rabbits on my threads to tease me and have fun.

Diane has not found a digression thread for a while, so she is joking that she has been lost. She mentions the outback, because that is what the inland of Australia, my country, is called. She then goes on to digress about what she has said - as is the style of the thread - it is a way of having fun.

Tell us a little about you. Are you from mainland China? We have people from many countries posting here - but the majority are from the United States of America.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 07:37 pm
Sum, the Digression threads can be a little confusing, but the Digressors are some of the friendliest people on able2know! Everyone is welcome here.

My name is marycat. I chose that name because my first name is Mary and my middle name is Catherine. When I was a child, my mother called me MaryCat as a nickname.

I love to cook, and I really love spicy foods. That's why I have chili peppers in my picture next to my name. I went to school to study French cooking, and then I also studied European breads. I have also studied philosophy and teaching. I enjoy studying.

I like to cook rabbits, but I won't cook dlowan because she's my friend! My sign in the Chinese zodiac also happens to be the rabbit. My sign in the Western zodiac is Sagittarius, the archer.

What would you like to share about yourself?
0 Replies