Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 12:21 am
Dunno who the lady is but I'm the fella gettin' the brain tickle.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 12:30 am
Which is the more recent photo, the brain lick or the avatar?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 12:34 am
Around here we use a lot of illuminarias. Just a brown paper bag with some sand in the bottom and a food warmer candle on top of the sand. On the last weekend before Christmas, the college will have thousands of the darn things lining the streets, sidewalks, and on top of the roofs. They've gotten so popular you can now buy electric illuminarias - a set of brown plastic bags with wires and bulbs. They do stand the weather better. Ask little k about this tradition.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 12:34 am
CRAVEN!

That is outrageous!!! You are marked forever by this deed!

I am laughing so much I am going to pee me towel! (Just had bath... oh - too much information - sorry)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 12:36 am
I believe the necessary pre-requisite for that particular tickle is an ABSENCE of brain!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 12:59 am
jes,

The brain tickle is more recent but I have my hair shaved so I look more like the avatar.

deb,

I sooo have a bwain. you is have wittle bwain to not realize that me can still have bwain if it has tunnel in it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 01:16 am
Tunnels? The boy has worms in his brain?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 01:19 am
It's a tongue deb, isn't you has seen one of 'ems?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 05:49 am
roger- Around here the community puts up the illuminarias too. Invariably, December 24 is cool and windy, and I run around with my little butane lighter bravely attempting to keep the dern things lit.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 08:31 am
Ooooooooohhhhh, the illuminarias! They are gorgeous when all lit up. In Santa Fe they always had the best display down the street with all the galleries on it. Thromgs of people would walk the circuit. And all the step-walled adobe hotels and such would have a bag on each level. Sigh - so lovely.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 08:40 am
I love those things too. While cleaning out a cupboard yesterday I found an unopened "Luminary" package --six white bags & six long-burning candles; leftovers from my MIL's house in Phx.

Six isn't very many....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 08:45 am
no, maybe 6 could run across a front porch?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 08:52 am
Better than nothing, I suppose.
I've been cleaning cupboards & also found a box of 100 tea-lights. Now THAT could do sumpin! Do you think I'd need white paper bags or would lunch bags work?
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 08:56 am
i got out last night, a ride to the pub, every house on the highway was lathered in lights. never seen so many xmas lights. perked me right up. makes me wonder tho, all the crying about the poor economy.
'tis the season tho i guess.

and yes, i did see mommy kissing santa in the corner, if hubby only knew....
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 09:06 am
I saw some nice lights, too, but I also saw one house whose entire roof was covered in lights; it was too much.

Those that follow the outline of a tree's branches or show off different shrubs are nice.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 09:07 am
Do you already have lunch bags, piffka? Try one. I believe the lights in S.F. were in light-brown paper bags.....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 09:07 am
Glad you got out Mikey! Have fun?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 09:09 am
Yep. Good idea. I must need more coffee!
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 09:10 am
I noticed the lights this year mostly outlined fences, trees, boats and all kinds of odd things. I never saw so many here. It was kind of strange. But pleasant.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 09:13 am
Mmm, when I was at my parents' we hung up some lights on a little juniper out behind their house. Apparently, the strings of lights were not as outdoor-indoor as they stated on the package. Dad had to go out, buy more and string them up himself.
0 Replies