maximom

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 10:10 pm
Wait a minute, I didn't mean to imply that my food tasted bad... It was good!

I love leftovers! I can party all day tomorrow, knowing I don't have to cook dinner...

An upside-down tequilla shot, please!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 10:12 pm
Won't it fall out of the glass?
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 10:26 pm
At the very least it would be rather difficult to drink it that way, don't ya think?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 10:43 pm
Yes, Maximom - do tell! What's an upside-down tequila shot?

dlowan - I like these dueking digression threads (not that there's any dueling, but ya know)

Bandylu - I'm a very sloppy and bad wrapper, but I have fun and feel creative while I bunde up the gifts....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 10:45 pm
We COULD duel! 'Twould be funny - but we could not mention it on Abuzz, only here, 'cos of all the paranoia on Abuzz...

We aren't paranoid, are we? Teehee
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 10:46 pm
I did feel this would be the place to mention it, rather than there.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 10:54 pm
To have a proper duel, you need some proper dueling rules, don't you? What are the rules and what are the weapons and who's doing the dueling?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 10:57 pm
All good Qs, Bandylu, while you all figure out the details, I'm going to bed <grin>. Happy dueling! I'll catch up tomorrow.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 11:02 pm
Good night, littlek. It is about that time. Maybe we should leave the details to the other time zones.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 11:02 pm
Well, over there , we have HCE being a robot emissary from his busy self, in digress and funny hat mode!

You know - I have an evil desire to do one of those "I am Leaving Abuzz cos you are All So Mean or something" threads - I am in a naughty and attention-seeking mood and this might gather some attention!

I won't though..... mooches off, appalled at her own relative good sense..... I wanna be BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 11:03 pm
Goodness - I will have to think on it - could it be like Indians counting coup in some way?

Anyone have any ideas?
0 Replies

maximom

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 11:03 pm
Ok, picture me on a barstool, leaning back so that my head is upside down... Mr. bartender needs to come around behind me and pour that bad boy tequilla shot down my throat! Then I'll take a bite from the lime he is holding for me between his teeth.......... something like that....

Yummy!

How do you plug in outdoor Christmas lights? Do you use a regular extension cord? Don't the snow & rain get to it? I really want some outdoor lights this year......... all white.... and what's up with people using those net lights - some people around here just throw them on a big tree and it looks like crap. Why bother at all?

Another thing people do, in the spring & summer, is lay a laundry basket, yes, a round plastic laundry basket, on its side and plant flowers to look like they're spilling out off the stupid plastic laundry basket. I ask, is this landscaping, or a joke?

I really want to know!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 11:06 pm
'Tis a bad joke - I can't help with the lights - I am better at jokes than practical stuff....

You is a bad girl at a bar, aren't you?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 11:08 pm
I'm a wonderful wrapper, I am a crazed wrapper, when I get into it. I came from a time when I had even little money than now. Wrapping paper, wrapping paper...that's it...magazines. Well, I get, for work reasons, a lot of garden and architectural design type magazines, plus some regular ones with neat photography... So I started making collages with the pages, and adding the odd miscellaneous earring or cord or bit of cloth...well, nobody wraps packages quite like mine. It is a lot of fun...

Presents, that's another thing. See, I am a bit of a thrift shop girl. And old book store fan. People have now gotten over that I give them used stuff, since
a lot of what I pick up is wonderful. I don't shop around Christmas but keep my eye out all year. I am not religious either, but do consider the time as a commemorating friendship time.

I send out cards but never on time. And you might guess that I make the cards. This year's are in a set of four...four photos photocopied on cardstock and then cut...of a young buck crossing a meadow with a forest behind him, approaching a crabapple tree with lichen on it and lots of red fruit still on it, and on the ground below... I send out lots, and people will get them sometime in January.

I see I am not digressing, eeeuuuuww. Gotta stop this not.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 11:08 pm
Outdoor extension cords are preferred. Laundry basket planters are dumb (I keep visualizing the laundry basket with the wide weave and all the dirt falling out). Net lights are new which is why they are so popular, icicle lights are no longer new and regular little lights are the best.

Around these parts, they use wooden barrels instead of laundry baskets. Has a little more class but is still a dumb idea.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 11:13 pm
Well, there are few Chanukah songs (the holiday's over, anyway), but of course the radio is overloaded with Xmas stuff - all of those people who you never hear the rest of the year but you hear them continuously during December because it's festive.

But I haven't yet heard the song I want to hear, which is weird, not the not hearing part, but the song itself. It's - and I bet you'll laugh at me - Run-DMC's "Christmas Song" or whatever the title is. Anyway, a part of it goes, "It's Christmas time in Hollis, Queens,
Mama's cookin' chicken and collard greens" and I dunno but of course I sing along to this which is particularly odd for a 40-year-old Jewish gal from Lung Island.

In any event, I am sending out cards late. It's not that I don't care, but Chanukah was waaaay too dang early this year. I mean, it came on the heels of Thanksgiving.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 11:16 pm
When can we start celebrating the New Year, do we have to wait until Chritmas is over?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 11:34 pm
Go for it, JD
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 12:06 am
sozobe wrote:
Craven's legacy -- to be forever bound to tongues in ears. I hope he's proud.

VERY!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQAAAEoVm*IXeUfvt5PLd*aLtXWseDe7qapskkqxuSA*ZH7oMKMxTrWMNo9NNMU06IcB7!zgbFv*dYz3QzcxcSGb8oDpLHtDE3!Jfn!e1Mo/ear.gif?dc=4675401056745616255
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 12:15 am
Is that Mike Myers being osculated by Fergie?
0 Replies