Able to Know Books by Mail

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 11:16 pm
I am sort of in, if there is room - I have picky tastes and not everyone will want to read what I do, but given all that, I'm willing to send on...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 11:18 am
Da Vinci Code, still up for grabs. PM me your address, anyone.
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:04 pm
Count me in, even tho, I have a very strange taste on books. I think this is a cool idea.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:44 pm
Actually, O'Bill, I'll take the Da Vinci Code. Hang on, I'll send you the A2K PO Box addy.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 05:47 am
Who wants Swim with the Sharks w/o Being Eaten Alive?" This book was absolutely awesome and I'm ready to put it in the mail Saturday morning for anyone that wants it.

It's written by the owner/CEO of Mackay Envelopes and is so down to Earth you WILL wonder why you haven't been doing these techniques all along anyhow.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 01:31 pm
Alright people...WHO WANTS THIS BOOK?

Not only will you get a wonderful book about the biz world and how to do good within it, but you'll also get a wonderful sampling of my exquisite handwriting....sure to be worth mucho dinero someday....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 07:13 pm
I'd love to see your handwriting but it is too late for me and the business world....
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 10:41 am
I am truly surprised. I thought this idea would be much more popular than it apparently is, so far...

I'm going back into my library and find another offering. Onyx, feel free to send Sharks on to anyone in your circle who would like it, with the proviso that they must keep passing it on.

Are any of you familiar with the Bookcrossing phenomenon? Apparently you simply leave a book in a public place, on a bench or table, with instructions inside to read it and then leave it somewhere for the next random soul...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 10:58 am
Alternative - large print or book on CD??
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 11:08 am
Disclosure is officially available now too. When I decided to add Michael Crichton's works to my library, I inadvertently purchased an extra copy of Disclosure. Anybody?

PDiddie wrote:
Are any of you familiar with the Bookcrossing phenomenon? Apparently you simply leave a book in a public place, on a bench or table, with instructions inside to read it and then leave it somewhere for the next random soul...
Never heard of it, but love it... I'm going to do that too! I have a box of paperbacks that I bought by mistake for that.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 11:21 am
http://www.bookcrossing.com
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 11:37 am
Boy, that looks fun. Thank you PDiddie!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 12:28 pm
Well, I have a book from O'Bill, but I just started it. Should be able to make a major dent in it this weekend, tho'. So eventually The Da Vinci Code will be available again.
0 Replies

cmgannon26

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 01:19 pm
Just finished reading "A Study in Scarlet" by none other than Sir Authur Conan Doyle. Great short read.
Now I think I might read "A Sign of Four", another Holmes novel.
Just a bit of advice. You might want to read the first novel by Dan Brown involving Langdon, "Angels and Demons". Excellent book and it clues you in to some of the things Dan Brown refers to in "The Da Vinci code.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 01:37 pm
Hi and welcome, cmgannon26.

You wouldn't happen to have "Angels and Demons" available, would you?

(I've had Da Vinci Code since Christmas and haven't started it yet. I like your suggestion, and if you have the first novel and care to enter our little circle here, then I'd be delighted to have it -- and to send it on.)
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 01:40 pm
cmg - you want to read "sharks" ?? travel up a few posts, check it out, and let me know.

PDid said it's okay to send out of the circle, but I don't wanna...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 01:47 pm
Just finished The DaVinci code and I'm ready to pass it on. So, any takers? Send me a PM, s'il vous plait. :-D
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 02:12 pm
wanna do an even trade jes?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 02:18 pm
Sure, that's the sharks book?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 02:24 pm
yeppers :-) you'll notice the link above leads DIRECTLY to the a2k portal entry ...which I'm sure was made by SOME sweetheart :-) lol
0 Replies