dibs !!!
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 09:15 pm
and are we doing the sign a msg also? that would be soo awesome i think
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 05:53 am
How many people will get to read a book before the next is mailed out....and how will the mailing go? A strict path from a to b to c to d blah blah blah?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:16 am
Onyx, did you get it?

I think, just to generally answer your questions, that you can send it on to anyone you choose (once you read it and sign it).

If that person happens not to be an A2K member then I bet they could be easily encouraged to join...
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:38 am
not yet PD, when did you drop it in the mail? I'll surely let you know whenI get it
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 01:00 pm
onyxelle wrote:
not yet PD, when did you drop it in the mail? I'll surely let you know whenI get it

Wow, a week ago, via US Post.

Please do...
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 08:08 pm
Hey PD,

I got it today! I am LOVING the 66!!!! Who wants this book next? YOU CAN SUCCEED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:29 pm
How about this format:

Anyone who has a book, posts the availability here and sends it to someone who posts that they are interested and when they are done they come back to find the next person to pass it on to.

Put a note in the book with the thread's url ( http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20369 ) telling people to come here and keep passing it on.

Sound good?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 11:14 pm
So many books can be flying about at the same time? Then I'm interested...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 11:45 pm
Do you think we could get a large print book? Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 11:47 pm
My sister threw "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown at me on my way to the Milwaukee airport last week. It seems she had bought it at the airport, full price Shocked , so she wanted it read by as many people as possible to get her money's worth Laughing . It wasn't a bad book (apparently a best seller), but not one I feel compelled to add to my collection either. Any takers?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:20 am
Alright - O'Bill - I am interested in that one also - very much interested in what he's got to say...but as I've already got one of the A2KBC books in my possession, I'll wait to see if someone else here would like to try it.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:27 am
Glad you are enjoying it, onyx.

It was published in the '80's but still has so much relevance today. Its age shows up in amusing places, like the chapter on buying a car ("paging Mr. Otis") when the author says there are almost no new cars under $10,000 any more. Shocked Laughing

And it's an easy book to read and put down and come back to.

Post your favorite little nugget of wisdom from it, if you like.

And you may have noticed that I signed and dated the inside front cover and wrote a short message, but I did not put the website or the URL as Crave suggested, so feel free to add that.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:47 am
certainly I noticed. It personalizes the whole book club Idea (no one has said so, but I'm truly certain that's what this is even in it's early stages). Legible handwriting also.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:23 am
I'm in. Gonna nose around for a book this weekend.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:46 am
Jes - you want this one after I'm done?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 11:05 am
Which book is it? <sheepishly looking but not looking too carefully for the name o' the book>
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 11:17 am
Swim the Sharks without being eaten alive.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 11:23 am
Sure. Do I send you one in return? Sorry I'm being so oblivious but dangit I got books here and not a lotta storage room.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 11:30 am
not till i'm done with this one...
here's a suggestion:

How about any books we have that we want to share out, we post them here and when a person pops in and says "I'd like to receive blah blah blah book" or either says "I'd like to share blah blah blah book" and posts the title/author/small description of book...

would that work? I love this idea, but I'm thinking we need some kind of order to it...
0 Replies