Been Sick for a month and don't know what it is...

ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 02:17 pm
@Joe Nation,
Good catch, JoeN.

I asked for whooping cough vaccine at my last clinic appointment about a year ago - nah, they don't have it. I had to give a small talk to the clinic assistant about this. But really, the clinic is already overwhelmed.

When I was little I wasn't around a lot of kids, and those were whooping cough years - so I figure I'm vulnerable as a senior who has never had the vaccine or the
cough.

I don't know how whooping cough acts (and my old fat text book is long gone), whether it can be slow or not.
0 Replies

taylor anne

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 07:46 pm
@ossobuco,
I live in FL so we don't really have use of furnaces as much down here. The steroid has actually helped me out a lot and my cough has gotten a LOT better. I'm still taking Tessalon (down to once or twice a day and no more robitussin), but stopped the Cipro after the ER doc told me I didn't need it. My ribs are better- I only needed maybe one dose of ibuprophen today. The Proventil inhaler is also a big help. My followup appointment went well and as far as I can tell, I am FINALLY on the road to recovery Smile
taylor anne

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 07:48 pm
@farmerman,
No, no tooth issues.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 08:14 pm
@taylor anne,
Good to hear, taylor anne.
taylor anne

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 07:27 pm
@ossobuco,
UPDATE!!
Went in for my lung testing and as it turns out, i have acute asthma/bronchial hyperactivity and am on the dulera inhaler twice a day. I am doing much better!! My cough is almost gone and it's definitely an improvement over the last couple of months Smile
ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 07:30 pm
@taylor anne,
OK! Thank you for telling us. Good work, anne.
0 Replies

Lorryk

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2015 03:35 pm
@taylor anne,
I've had a very similar illness. I went on a cruise in September. I think I have H-pylori infection. I had it before but I didn't have these same symptoms but try Schedule an appointment with a gastroentorologist. I'm going that route tomorrow. That's a bacteria that lasts in your stomach forever. The acid reflux can cause a cough.
0 Replies