Woofmobile and food and song

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 06:30 pm
So, I live with a very good dog. We have different hours, but I'm learning.

I have learned she wants to get up with early morning light, or as long after as I can prolong.

She does usually want to pee then; she had likely woken me earlier, requited - hard to remember the middle of the nights. Sometimes she is bored and hoping for a cookie. So moves to door varies. Fast to door, or lollygagging.

But maybe I do need to pee once awake. Anyway, we both wake up.

I rise, **** it, six. Or five thirty. But somewhere around there.

Both of us try to go back to sleep, well, at least me.

Time passes.

Then, the nose.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,200 • Replies: 11
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 07:08 pm
@ossobuco,
And I though cats were good at training people.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 07:10 pm
@ossobuco,
I'd be surprised if others didn't have trouble with dog timing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 07:13 pm
I plan to get to descriptions of Katy songs, but I need to starve her first..

Hint, she can sound like an oboe, just after lunch.

Not to make light -
I've been surprised by the tones of Katy telling me she wants a treat. I consider it song or at least talk.
jespah

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 07:34 am
@ossobuco,
I think they try. They certainly realize that we make a variety of sounds and that they have different meanings. They also read our body language and inflections extremely well, and that's likely why this particular branch of the canid family was adopted by early humans. E. g. they "get" us. Makes sense to me that there would be efforts to imitate us, or at least to mimic sound variety in an effort to relay shades of meaning.

I await the sounds of the Katy oboe.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 10:07 am
No sounds yet today. We rose at seven this morning, a nice slumber extension for me.

On her singing.. I'm starting to think that I might like to tape this, it's so charming. Pacco used to have a variety of sounds, and now I'd kind of like to have taped some of that. I suppose it would be hard to time having a tape recorder right at hand at the exact minute of dog song happening.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 06:40 pm
Case in point: video of dog communicating with a baby..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/06/dog-communicates-with-bab_n_2238064.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 10:04 pm
My dog is a cuddlier. My husband started a schedule to coincide with work, but the dog doesn't understand weekends...
He crawls into bed, every morning at the same time. Then he gets restless and it's time for a pee & breakfast after an hour or so. When the dude's away, my murph is a wee bit more forgiving on me, but I'm still awake by seven regardless.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 10:17 pm
My dog doesn't make a lot of noise. She communicates by bumping the bed to remind us to get up Saturday and Sunday mornings. She stands at the kitchen entry and stares into the kitchen if she wants snacks. If her water dish is out or nearly out she looks into your eyes and then at the dish, as many times as necessary. She lays her chin on my forearm as I lounge in the recliner, then turns to get rubbed on the back (next to the tail). When she wants to go in the back yard, she stands in the middle of the room and looks at me with a sort of grin. Once I found her walking around in the back yard with a kitten in her mouth. I could barely see that it was in there. I took it from her, totally unharmed. But it was too debilitated to save. Don't know what happened to the mother. Right now she is lying on the floor, looking at me and grinning somewhat. Don't know yet what she is wanting.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 10:34 pm
@Ceili,
Katy is more cuddly with me lately. Well, that's me. She is so dear. But, yannow, we have a procedures to maintain. We are by now fairly tuned but not 100%.
Roger comes to the door and she's all over him. Of course, he never forbids her anything, which I tend to agree with, plus, there is their history.

Meantime, today I threw (baked) 76 dog cookies.

She is at my mercy.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 03:05 pm
@ossobuco,
Guess who likes opera?

I'm playing my old discs, Night at the Opera. From cd1, the last one was Offenbach's 'Messieurs, silence' (Tales of Hoffman); this one is 'Una furtiva lagrima' from Donizetti's L'Eisir d'Amore - both with Roberto Alagna.

Uh oh, here come's Carmen, Angela Gheorghiu..

Talk about a lolling dog (scratch my belly please).
ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 03:40 pm
@ossobuco,
She sat at attention while I marched in place to Rossini's Italian in Algiers (Sameul Ramey), ears up.

You might be able to tell I haven't listened my cds for a while - had been putting off trying to figure out how to connect my old turntable (duh, I read the directions. Finding them was the thing)
0 Replies