Al kidwell artist using recycled material

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 12:29 pm
I have a piece with a santa clause in an air plane. The wings are made out of old ceiling fan blades. Every thing is used items. I can not find any signature. He has passed away. His work has been show in the smithsonian institute of art . I can send pics if that would help. Does anyone know how much his pieces go far?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 5,349 • Replies: 3
No top replies

TAH

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 08:08 pm
I have a wall mounted vintage dressed golfer, all materials are recycled from other items. I know it was purchase at the Puyallup Fair in Washington state during the Victorian Christmas show and was told it was made by Al Kidwell and a one of a kind. I have searched the internet and have found nothing. Help please
0 Replies

CFM4007

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2018 08:36 pm
@Rexey11459,
AL was a friend of mine. He had a studio behind my shop at 902 Ave K in Plano, Texas. He used to dig through my trash retrieving old automotive parts to build his art. He drew caractures of my two children and signed them, we still have them today
I have others stories about AL if you are interested.
0 Replies

jcruz0202

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 09:53 am
I have the Down Wind Zephyr Train. I understand there are only 3 Train made by Al Kidwell. Can anyone help me in obtaining an appraisal on the work of art. It is appox 3' high, 2' wide, and 8.5' long. I can be reached at [email protected].
0 Replies