Temporary car plates cover inspection sticker?

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 11:30 pm
my dad bought my car at an auction and he hasnt received the title for the car yet. he got temporary plates for my car which expire in Jan. the inspection is expired but my dad told me that the temporary plates covers my inspection for 30 days. since i cant get my car inspected without the title. is that true?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 4,267 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 12:39 am
@vanessaaa,
Possibly your dad has a sense of humor. In our state, those temporary tags are a piece of paper you stick on the window. Maybe he means the tags physically cover the expired sticker.

I really don't have your answer, and it will depend on the state.
0 Replies

RST

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 01:10 am
@vanessaaa,
Contact the nearest DMV and ask them to make sure if it's ok.I'm taking a stab here, but I think the expired inspection sticker will get you a police citation in the event you are pulled over.
0 Replies

Umang Kumar

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2013 09:03 pm
@vanessaaa,
Hello Friends,

All vehicles registered in New York State must get a safety inspection and an emissions inspection every 12 months. Both inspections are also required when the ownership of a vehicle is transferred. (Some vehicles are exempt from emissions inspections.) Both inspections are done at the same time by a DMV-certified inspector at privately-owned inspection stations licensed by DMV.
If you buy a vehicle from a NYS dealer, the dealer must have the vehicle inspected. The inspection must occur within 30 days of the date of sale and prior to delivery.
You will receive a ten day inspection extension if you buy or get a vehicle from someone other than a NYS dealer. After you register the vehicle in NYS, you have ten days from the date of registration to have the vehicle inspected. Any inspection issued to the previous registrant is not valid after you register the vehicle.

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar
0 Replies

Tommy Varro

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 02:57 am
@vanessaaa,
Anyone know if there are some vehicle inspection system that I can do daily car inspection by my own?
roger

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 11:16 am
@Tommy Varro,
Kick the tires and light the fires.
Tommy Varro

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2013 07:21 pm
@roger,
These ways are out of fashion, We need some machines to help with the car inspection work.
0 Replies