Can't respond to an e-mail using the "send" function

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 04:40 pm
.....nor can anyone respond to my e-mails by using their "send" function. Both parties must initiate a new e-mail; only then will the message be sent and received.

When I check the "sent" box for e-mails that I have replied to, they're not there. However, if I create a new e-mail and send, then that one WILL appear in the "sent" box. And the recepients who simply add their comments to my original message will not have it received by me.

Anyone else experience this? If so, is it the OE program itself at fault? Or do I have a virus notwithstanding that I'm running the "AVG professional" anti-virus program? Or what else could it be?

Sure hope there are some heavy hitters out there cuz this aging internet user is in great need of help with this OE problem.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,109 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 05:55 pm
@DaftDuck,
Which email program are you using?
DaftDuck

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 09:07 pm
@Butrflynet,
Now ya can understand the "daft" part of the name Smile I should have said up front--Outlook Express
roger

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 09:55 pm
@DaftDuck,
Oooh. I've been hitting the same problems. I don't use outlook express, but I believe three parties I corrospond with do. They all have 'company' address that look something like [email protected]. I've been describing the frustrations to a friend, and am going to point this thread out to her. These are the only three people I've had this kind of problem with, and I feel vindicated.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 09:58 pm
@DaftDuck,
DaftDuck wrote:

.....nor can anyone respond to my e-mails by using their "send" function. Both parties must initiate a new e-mail; only then will the message be sent and received.

When I check the "sent" box for e-mails that I have replied to, they're not there. However, if I create a new e-mail and send, then that one WILL appear in the "sent" box. And the recepients who simply add their comments to my original message will not have it received by me.

Anyone else experience this? If so, is it the OE program itself at fault? Or do I have a virus notwithstanding that I'm running the "AVG professional" anti-virus program? Or what else could it be?

Sure hope there are some heavy hitters out there cuz this aging internet user is in great need of help with this OE problem.

Does this happen with all emails, some emails, just one email?

Does it happen with all contacts, some contacts or just one contact?

Check out the info in this tutorial and see if anything in it helps you. I've not personally used Outlook Express so can't be of much hands-on help to you.

http://tomax7.com/office/Outlook%20Express%20Tutorial.htm
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 09:59 pm
@DaftDuck,
By the way, welcome to A2K. Hope we get to see you around the forums for more than just this question. Sounds like you've got a great sense of humor.
DaftDuck

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 11:24 pm
@Butrflynet,
Gee, thanks, Butrflynet, for a very sweet welcome. Much appreciated! Found the site serendipitously which is truly a laborious, time consuming method to reach a great site. It's been many years in the finding.
roger

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 11:44 pm
@DaftDuck,
Yes, welcome. You look like a bright addition.

And as Georgie Patton is supposed to have said "Non illigitimi carborundom". I have no idea if that's real latin, or some kind of military pseudolanguage.
DaftDuck

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 11:48 pm
@Butrflynet,
It happens with all contacts. I've had to send an all-contact alert not to use the "send" option. Up until quite recently, I was able to use the option myself, but no longer as of today. It's damn frustrating. The few times I've taken my computer in to a tech for trouble shooting, they've kept the thing for a week; even then, at much cost for iffy results. Oh, the joys of living in the country miles from the nearest town--not city.

Thanks for the tutorial link. I'll be sure to check it out tomorrow.
0 Replies

DaftDuck

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 11:57 pm
@roger,
Thanks for the welcome.

Ah, but can you be sure?! Smile

It's almost 2 in the morning here and damned if you didn't have me running to Wiki as I confess to never having heard the expression. You may be sure I'll not "let the bastards grind" me "down."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegitimi_non_carborundum
roger

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 01:25 am
@DaftDuck,
Patton; Stillwell, who knows?

By the way, I'm thinking you should have advised your corrospondents not to use the reply button. Send could also be used on a new composition.
0 Replies