photo's

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 08:11 am
i have a straight talk phone with no memory card..iam selling it but want to transfer pictures of new grandbaby to my computer can you please tell me how to do that and thanks soooo much

jespah

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 08:15 am
@bhardy4u,
You'll need to tell us what kind of computer you've got. You will also need to give some specifics on your phone - a Google search of "straight talk phone" comes up with lots of different choices. Is that a brand name? Your plan with the carrier? Something else?
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 01:40 pm
@bhardy4u,
I have a similar problem with my cell phone. It is a LG500 - no memory card, but supposedly has browser and email capabilities. I have yet to be able to get it to do anything other than connect to the vendor's website where they want me to purchase screen savers and ring tones.

I bought from Radio Shack a cable to connect my phone to my PC (Windows XP) but can't figure out how to get the PC to recognize the phone as a peripheal when it is plugged in. It isn't listed in Windows Explorer and none of the photo transfer software I use with my digital cameras is able to "acquire" it as a device.

Tried connecting to Gmail so I could try emailing the photos to myself but something fails there too.

It costs me $.50 airtime everytime I make a failed attempt to do any of this. I'm computer savvy and internet savvy, but I guess I'm a luddite when it comes to cell phone technology and being able to get the three to communicate with each other.

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 02:12 pm
@jespah,
I suspect s/he means one of the Tracfone-type of basic phones; no keys for texting, just the ability to make calls and take photos.
jespah

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 02:40 pm
@Butrflynet,
If either of you can text with attachments, trying sending a pic to an email address you use online.

This is what I do. I have no idea how to d/l directly from my phone, so I just send photos as attachments to my yahoo account.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 04:29 pm
@jespah,
I can text with attachments and have tried that with my gmail account. I can text with attachments to other cell phones, but haven't been able to do it to an email account. I have to somehow set up Google and my phone to agree that they are authorized to talk to each other. For some reason, either the phone doesn't like Google or Google doesn't like the phone.

Next time I try it again, I'll take notes so I can be specific about what it is not doing correctly.
jespah

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 06:11 am
@Butrflynet,
Huh, weird that it's having trouble with gmail (I never tried mine with the gmail accounts I've got). Maybe it's gmail.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 06:46 am
@Butrflynet,
gmail can be very security weird, maybe start a throw away hotmail account just for emailing or texting pics from your phone, see it ti's more forgiving
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 02:54 pm
For future reference for anyone else with this problem, I finally figured out how to do it.

I tried creating a hotmail email account and sending an email with the photo to that email account. Was told the browser on my cell phone was not capable of sending anything but text.

Tried the same thing with gmail. Was successful in sending texts to those email accounts, but not the photo.

Asked my brother to see if his cell phone was able to do so and texted him my email address in a text message. He wasn't able to do so either. So, in a fit of desperation, I clicked on my email address that I had texted to him and my cell phone gave me the option of saving it as a contact. It worked! I was able to forward the text message with the photo to my gmail address and got the photo that way.

So, in summary, send an email address in a text message, click on that email address in the text message and save it as a new contact. Use that contact to send the photos to.
0 Replies