Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 09:39 am
i have a rainsoft water softener that worked perfectly until the tri guard broke. it took me a few months to get the part but i now have it and installed it. the system backwashed and i did a manual regeneration my problem now is that i cant tell if its working. the tri guard is completely full and the ball is all the way at the top. my brine tank is half full of salt and i can not see any water in it.(it had a little bit of water in it already) i replaced the tri guard yesterday
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,584 • Replies: 4
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 09:05 pm
@jynstanley,
If the softener does not have a Q valve you should put into manual regeneration and look to see if water is transferred from the salt tank into the softener through the tri-guard when it advances from 'backwash' to 'brine draw'. Keep a flashlight handy so it's easier to see. After tri-guard removal the system does not have a powerful enough draw to re-prime the brine line during brine draw, it gets primed by the final step 'brine fill'.
jynstanley

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 06:34 am
@H2O MAN,
thank you but im not sure what a q valve is and how will i know if water is transferring to the softener?
jynstanley

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 08:47 am
@jynstanley,
i can take pics of my set up. not sure if i can post hem on here
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 01:53 pm
@jynstanley,

The Q has a digital LED display and a touch pad

The water level in the salt tank will go down slowly when the system is in 'brine draw'.
0 Replies