Is anyone know about Chapter7 and Chapter13 about law?

Fri 23 Nov, 2012 03:10 am
I am doing my law practice but I am continuously facing problems of Bankruptcy. Can any one help please?

jespah

Fri 23 Nov, 2012 08:11 am
@Bobby315,
If you're "doing your law practice" - whatever the hell that non-idiomatic in English statement means - then surely you had to have basic competence in understanding bankruptcy. Or you would know where to look for information or who to hire, seeing as it would be state-specific.
0 Replies

raveenasen

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 12:04 am
@Bobby315,
For some debtors, Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a better option than Chapter 7 bankruptcy. And sometimes Chapter 13 is the only option because a debtor is not eligible for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

It's important to sort out the issues and decide which form of bankruptcy is best for you. Many debtors assume that Chapter 7 bankruptcy is better than Chapter 13 bankruptcy because Chapter 13 requires debtors to repay a portion of debt, whereas Chapter 7 wipes out most debts.
0 Replies

KevinRoy220

Fri 15 Mar, 2013 02:57 am
@Bobby315,
In Chapter 7 bankruptcy, the bankruptcy trustee cancels many (or all) of your debts. At the same time it might also sell (liquidate) some of your property to pay your creditors. Chapter 7 bankruptcy, also called "straight" or "liquidation" bankruptcy, is so named because the law is contained in Chapter 7 of the federal Bankruptcy Code.

A chapter 13 bankruptcy is also called a wage earner's plan. It enables individuals with regular income to develop a plan to repay all or part of their debts. Under this chapter, debtors propose a repayment plan to make installments to creditors over three to five years. If the debtor's current monthly income is less than the applicable state median, the plan will be for three years unless the court approves a longer period "for cause."
0 Replies