How do I stop my motorcycle falling over in the wind?

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 03:49 am
Hello Everybody,

I have a light weight motorcycle and park on the road outside my house. During windy weather conditions my bike often gets blown over to my annoyance. Is there a device or piece of kit I could buy to secure the bike so it doesn't get blown over? If anyone having any idea relating this topic please suggest me.

Best Regards,
Anthony Martello

raprap

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 07:31 am
@AnthonyMartello,
Wow that must be one light bike, but you could try two cargo straps to secure each side of the handlebars to the ground.

Rap
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 07:41 am
@AnthonyMartello,
You sure you own a motorcycle, and not just a drawing of one? 'Cause unless you live inside a wind tunnel, that is highly unlikely.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 08:14 am
http://www.balloon-animals.com/instructions/uploaded_images/motorcycle-774015.jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 08:56 am
@AnthonyMartello,
AnthonyMartello wrote:

Hello Everybody,

I have a light weight motorcycle and park on the road outside my house.

Anyone who owns a light/small motorcycle and leaves it permanently by the roadside is likely to own a stolen motorcycle AKA soon will not be owning a motorcycle at all. All motorcycle owners who have a working brain know this. Ergo you are not a real motorcycle owner. Real motorcycle owners know to store away their precious two wheeled vehicles.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 04:28 pm
@AnthonyMartello,
Too funny! If that motorcycle is that light, then someone can just pick it up and walk away. What is windy? Hurricane winds?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 05:17 pm
@AnthonyMartello,
Bring it indoors, simple.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 08:58 pm
@AnthonyMartello,
Quote:
How do I stop my motorcycle falling over in the wind?

Lean it against one of these.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/85/Zen_motorcycle.jpg/240px-Zen_motorcycle.jpg
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 09:14 pm
Here's an idea for your imaginary motorcycle:

0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 02:34 am
I was really sitting by 2 motorcycle cops and read them this question. omg I got the wth are you talking about question. I could hardly stop laughing. They want to know what kind of motorcycle are you writing about?
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 06:21 am
@trying2learn,
You do realize the OP is a spam-bot, right?
Mame

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 08:16 am
@Ticomaya,
How do you know?
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 08:23 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
How do you know?

Just a guess.

Best Regards,
Tico Maya
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 04:31 am
Had this happen to me once. Not a lightweight bike, but a 400 lb, 600cc sportsbike. **** it pissed me off.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2012 02:50 am
@Ticomaya,
No I didn't
0 Replies

nythawk

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 01:40 am
@AnthonyMartello,
Are you sure you're not in a fantasy world and you really have a bicycle but are dreaming it's a motorcycle?
0 Replies

nythawk

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 01:42 am
@AnthonyMartello,
I would definitely put an engine in it as soon as possible.
0 Replies

nythawk

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 01:51 am
@AnthonyMartello,
Come on you're joking right? Even if you have a 50cc dirt bike the winds would have to be a constant 30 miles per hour or more to do that. Are you sure vandals aren't doing that? Why are you parking your bike on the side of the road? Bring it closer to the house get some ropes or straps and tie it down to something. I hope you keep it locked up with a heavy duty chain and lock and/or a U-lock or both. Look on you tube for some of the recommended type locks and how to secure them properly to hopefully slow down or deter a thief.
xxawesome

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 12:52 pm
@nythawk,
I live in Wellington New Zealand and this is definitely a thing. You guys obviously haven't experienced real wind yet.
0 Replies