Is The Hobbit movie cursed?

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 01:25 pm
27 Animals In 'Hobbit' Movie Died At Farm Where They Were Housed
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/11/19/165483232/27-animals-in-hobbit-movie-died-at-farm-where-they-were-housed

Should we expect goat ghosts to haunt the weekend premiere screenings across the globe? Shocked

roger

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 01:29 pm
@tsarstepan,
Your article says there were 150 animals at the farm. An 18% mortality rate sounds a little high.
0 Replies

Enzo

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 02:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
I don't think it's cursed, maybe a few boycotts, but it's not like the care takers had the intention to kill these animals. No animals died during filming which is arguably the most dangerous part, so I think PETA is trying to milk attention to themselves with the event. The article says it's the New Zealand's landscape, being that is is a volatile volcanic set of islands, abundant with geological faults such as bluffs and sink holes that led to the animals demise. I don't see anything in the article suggesting that the animals were mistreated. But I think all of this could have been avoided if the farm was inspected before the animals were put on it. If the animals were cooped up somewhere in order to be "protected" from these geographical faults for the entire movie (instead of allowing them to naturally graze), I guarantee that PETA and other animal rights activists would complain and take action against that, rightly so, I might add.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 02:05 pm
@Enzo,
I wrote this thread in a tongue in cheek fashion. Basically I'm just trying to build up Hobbit hype here at a2k since the movie is coming out next month.

And you're possibly right Enzo. It's highly likely will be a high profile opportunity target for PETA.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 05:59 pm
Is this a pre-quel?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 06:11 pm
Nemmind the animules. Wot about the dragoon? Kilt, warn't he? Nice way to treat a pyrosaurus.*

*I just made up that word. Congratulate me.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 07:33 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Is this a pre-quel?

Yes. Yes it's going to be an awesome prequel! Very Happy
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 07:41 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Nemmind the animules. Wot about the dragoon? Kilt, warn't he? Nice way to treat a pyrosaurus.*

*I just made up that word. Congratulate me.

Twenty thumbs up! Very Happy
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 08:47 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I am in awe of your literary prowess.
0 Replies