God and Evil

eisen3

Tue 13 Nov, 2012 01:23 pm
People often ask "How can an all knowing, all powerful, all loving God exist when there is so much evil in the world?" I just want you guys thoughts on this. Everyone one is welcome

Setanta

Tue 13 Nov, 2012 01:27 pm
Judging by a post of yours in another thread (an hilarious line of bullshit about speaking in tongues), it seems obvious that you are devoutly committed christian. I'm not going to play your game, and this can serve as a warning to anyone else who wanders into this thread.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Tue 13 Nov, 2012 01:57 pm
@eisen3,
Eisen it's quite obvious to the apodictical existential pantheist: She is a perfectly natural phenom, having existed forever in one form or another, incapable of the supernatural, with evolution simply an ongoing process. "Evil" arises out of Her inability to do the impossible

She is largely an abstract phenom with, say, a rock near one end of its spectrum and Her near the other. The reason I say "largely" and "near" of course is that nothing is entirely anything while everything is partly something else. We might consider the Universe Her body and all the activity Her mind at work

..in which novelty is the exercise of Her freewill

Thus the only feasible means to cultivate the humanoid is on the surface of a spherical rock full of cracks and having a molten core whilst orbiting a huge hydrogen bomb. Thus we have Mt. Vesuvius, Popigai Astroblem, Sandy, crime, war, accident, disease

…….and incredibly incompetent editing routines that for instance don;t recognize "don;t" as a misspelling

0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Tue 13 Nov, 2012 02:48 pm
@eisen3,
eisen3 wrote:

People often ask "How can an all knowing, all powerful, all loving God exist when there is so much evil in the world?" I just want you guys thoughts on this. Everyone one is welcome

I fail to see any contradictions here. If there really is such an omnipotent diety, why in the world would it be concerned with the existence of what is really a cultural norm and an individual perception? "Evil" is an abstract term which has meaning only within a given culture. To certain Mormons monogamy might be seen as "evil"; to a Muslim, taking an alcoholic drink is an "evil" act. And so on and so forth. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 13 Nov, 2012 03:00 pm
@eisen3,
The simplest answer to how an all powerful God can exist with so much evil is obvious.

God is evil.
Telamon

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 06:16 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The simplest answer to how an all powerful God can exist with so much evil is obvious.

God is evil.

Or, God is nonexistent (at least one that holds these attributes)

And as Lustig Andrei said, it’s all relative when refereeing to the term 'evil'.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 06:21 am
Evil Kanievil exists.
Lustig Andrei

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 04:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
So you say.
0 Replies