"Kosher for Passover" v. "Kosher"

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 09:36 am
@InfraBlue,
buy Boylan and find out how much more they cost

http://www.boylanbottling.com/products/cane-sugar-sodas/

( I think they're worth it - learned about them in boomer's other thread - it was about a soda savant or something like that)
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 09:54 am
@ehBeth,
Boylan is carbonated love in a bottle. Very Happy
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 09:57 am
I find those Boylan sodas way too sweet. I'm not a soda drinker at all though. When I do have soda it's usually a Cock and Bull Ginger Beer.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 10:52 am
@boomerang,
It's sweetness is why I consider them as soda perfection. Yet I average only 1 thing a soda maybe once every other week or more.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 10:55 am
@boomerang,
I like Boylan soda when it is ice ice ice cold - the sweetness isn't a factor then. I'm generally not a cola person but an icy Boylan cola - yeah.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 12:47 pm
I recently tried Mexican coca cola, and found it extremely to the max sweet. I can't judge if it was exactly the same as the cokes of my childhood, the ones in little green glass bottles in the fifties, as my reaction to sugar has changed. I do like sugary stuff once in a while, but on something of a blue moon time sequence.

On the hfcs business, it is in lots of stuff, but I don't buy a lot of packaged products anymore, for a lot of reasons, and so looking at the odd label once in a while isn't very onerous. For me, some of that is just about money and not always purely about nutrition virtue, but it still works out that I often/usually know what amount of sugar and salt and fats I put into my cooking. Sometimes not.. right now I'm playing with making different kinds of dumplings, and some of the ingredients are on the mystery side, like the half of a can of water chestnuts I transferred to a smaller container and froze, oh, a year ago. Good thing I labeled that container (what the hell is that?)
0 Replies