• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,390 • Replies: 9
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 08:05 pm
Wow, gorgeous photo!

Fantastic colors.

Are those boats called "lanchas"? If so, can you tell me more about them?
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 05:27 am
Glad you liked the photo. They're hollowed out logs and they're ocean going managing some pretty rough seas.
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 07:51 am
Your work is remarkably consistent in wonderful dramatic displays. This depiction of colorful,weathered work boats is beautifully presented and photographed, celebrating shape, form, color and texture in an almost heroic fashion. You appear to combine a keen eye for ordinary objects thrust together in prosaic settings but "captured" as "found imagery" presented as exciting and even timeless art. All the while, you work has a spontaneous and effortless energy in it making viewers want to see it again and again. There is unmistable joy in all your work hiding the hard work and exactitude that must be necessary to produce the expression you so consistently create. It is a special priviledge to "discover" you in this unexpected place.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 04:58 pm
Chuckster you are really too kind. I'll tell you what, if I'm flirting with photo journalism you are either already or well on your way to being quite an art critic. Thanks for your thoughtfull comments. They make me want to go post another picture, let me see what I can find...
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 07:39 pm
Pitter, these are words from the heart, inspired by indisputable evidence... your work. Your reply reveals another familiar quality of great talent...simplicity and honesty. Having a chance moment to visit with you here is a thrill..."a wink from God". I remain your newest and most ardent enthusiast.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 08:46 pm
to be painfully honest, the composition hurts my eyes and there isn't really anything interesing going on to captivate my atention...sorry! (always honest)
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 10:02 pm
Pitter, I realize that I am being a little lazy, but would you direct me to where I may view more of your work? Are you published? Do you have a website? This forum seems sometimes a little more "open air" and subject to patients swatting "non-existent flies" than one might want.
It tends to bring out my devilish side.
I'll be out of touch for a little while.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 10:19 pm
Hey, Pitter, I like this very much, too. Chuckster's commentary is great, isn't it? Heroic depictions of work... yes! There is also something about the enthusiasm for color inherent in your subject. You are celebrating these hard-working people who seem to be happier than we can imagine.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 05:40 am
Thank you Piffka, Chuckster I have photos you might enjoy at:

http://photobucket.com/albums/0803/Pitter/Peru%20Textures/

See Ecuador Textures too and thanks again for your inspiring comments.
0 Replies