Track Lighting Question

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 10:59 am
I have purchased two track lighting kits. They are both 110v AC with a transformer down to 12v. The tracks are two seperate metal rods and the tracks themselves carry the electricity to the bulbs. Brand is Easy LITE and model number is F5MA-05.

My question is: Can I hook both sets together? Or must they be installed seperately?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,318 • Replies: 1
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 02:03 am
BayChiefFan
BayChiefFan, the first thing to do before you install anything is to compute how much electricity each kit will draw and then compare it to what your electrical box is designed to carry on that location. If your house's electrical system won't blow a fuse with two kits installed, then it may be ok to proceed provided it doesn't exceed the maximum wattage allowed for both kits.

I installed halogen track lighting in my kitchen last year and had to be careful not to exceed the wattage limit for my electrical box.

Check the product's installation instructions re whether or not you can link two kits together---or find the manufacturer's web site and send them an e-mail question about it. Most manufacturers have a customer service person who can help you.

One EasyLite track lighting source site follows:

http://www.louielighting.com/lli/items.asp?CartId={BC839D4E-D3E9-41B6-ADA4-17DFCD36D4FD}&Cc=CBL

Click on "track cable rail" on the left side of the screen.

BBB
0 Replies