What would U do?

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 11:48 am
You’ve just received word the parent you’ve had missing from your life for the past 15 yrs has passed away. You being the only child of this Parent has been notified by an Attorney that has been looking for you for the past 15 yrs.
It’s imperative that you pack up and head to another country. The country of your birth but you’ve never lived there since you were a wee child. So you pack your clothes for this trip, you gather together all the money you can so that you will be able to get everything done and get back to the land you know as home.
EXCEPT!
With every step forward is two steps back.. First of all, all the documents naming you the sole beneficiary need to be processed so that’s when the Attorney steps in and takes care of the documents needed but it’s gonna cost a huge amount of money. So you dig deep into your pockets producing what is needed.. Once the Power of Attorney makes it thru the courts you think your home safe. But wait a minute according to the will your parent was far wealthier than anything U expected. Now because this parent had time to liquefy all his assets and turned them all into cash then turning the full amount over to a securities company to safe guard until your child can come and get it. Except this parent wasn’t very fond of the security surrounding his fortune so made a request it be moved to a more secure location. Unfortunately, you find out after the fact that set this whole process up for heartache after heartache.
For 2 months you have now been in this country, where you know no one and you are out of money and yet you have millions waiting for You. You see when the parent asked the money be moved to a more secure location it was moved to the head branch of this securities company in Spain another country away. Which means a whole new set of paperwork and more court time and processing fees. How in the world is this supposed to work out? The paperwork and the court fees you pay for with a loan you have secured. Now it’s time to go and pick up what you have worked so hard for all these past weeks.
The money is stopped at Customs. First of all one has to produce a Drug and money laundering certificate clearing the money of any wrong doing. More money! Then there is the proof of ownership that must be produced and paid for. More Money! All of the legal work taken care of now time for the retrieval of the money.
Nope not so quick.... Now there are the Customs Fees! 57000.00 is alot of money to pay when U have already gone thru about 30.000.00 to this point... With great friends and relatives that have pitched in you are down to the last 900.00 needed to free what is rightfully all yours.. YOU CAN’T FIND IT ANYWHERE! Now your thoughts rush to the fact you have loans coming due and U know the only way to make good on them is to have the inheritance freed.
How would U come up with 500.00 in another country when time is limited? All total this has already cost you upwards of 40.000.00. You feel like U are gonna have to walk away from this because you are unable to come up with the last money required to get your inheritance free. So you start calling your friends and relatives again only they have already all given all they can,, You offer total strangers double the money back triple even! Still no luck.. Beside yourself with worry and anguishing over what could be,,, you start having heart issues! No not now not on top of this... Yep high blood pressure and it’s near the top. Why oh why would this happen the way it has..? Dear God can U please hear my prayers. Help me to see the solution to this....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,062 • Replies: 10

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 12:22 pm
From the start, you should have contacted a lawyer specilizing in international finances/law.

Why would you ever think you could handles this mess by yourself?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 12:24 pm
Sounds like the (I thought) very well known 419 scam, otherwise known as "advance fee fraud".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_scam

TisOnlyMe

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 01:43 pm
@TisOnlyMe,
I just want to say I understand your skeptisim, but this is my fiancee who is an American with family roots in the UK. He has an Attorney handling all the legalities for him however things are very different in the UK than we are accustomed to. We had no idea what we were getting into however we will fight to obtain what is rightfully his. Yes, we do have all the debts we have incurred thinking each time that was all that was needed. Needless to say many will know if and when we do make good on this inheritance I will come back and thank U for your SUPPORT!
contrex

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 01:47 pm
@TisOnlyMe,
TisOnlyMe wrote:
when we do make good on this inheritance I will come back and thank U for your SUPPORT!

I won't be holding my breath.

0 Replies

Insomnium

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 04:16 am
@TisOnlyMe,
too long not reading this whole thing
TisOnlyMe

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 10:33 am
@Insomnium,
Fine no one twisted your arm to read it. If it too much for you then it is too much for U.
0 Replies

TisOnlyMe

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 10:35 am
@contrex,
Why are U a Scammer??? You know all about what a scam is and the number of such a scam? WOW aren't you a fountain of information. As only a true scammer can be,, What's the matter am I stepping on your toes...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 03:24 pm
@TisOnlyMe,
Quote:
What's the matter am I stepping on your toes...

Greed is a terrible thing isn't it.
0 Replies

Insomnium

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 08:25 am
@contrex,
la gatita salta (con mucha pasión)
contrex

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 10:48 am
@Insomnium,
Insomnium wrote:

la gatita salta (con mucha pasión)

si claro