How to get back Start Menu in Windows 8?

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 04:44 am
I'm not able to see the Start Menu in Windows 8. How can I get it back?

dalehileman

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 11:09 am
@momohyder,
Wouldn't you agree, Mom., that one of the principal problems of our digital times is that where the latest rev might rectify several problems it inevitably introduces at least one more
roger

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 01:27 am
@dalehileman,
YES!
dalehileman

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 10:27 am
@roger,
Thanks Rog, your concurrence is a rare commodity in this otherwise stratospheric recrudescence of punic infinitude
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 10:59 am
@momohyder,
It's been awhile; did momhyder get satisfaction?

If not, go to: http://www.classicshell.net and download. It's a freebie.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 11:04 am
@Debacle,
Long time no read Debacle.

Hopefully Microsoft will bring back the Start button on its updated Windows Blue AKA 8.1. But I've heard of a third party app that adds a skin to Windows 8. That must be the one you're mentioning now.
Debacle

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 11:48 am
@tsarstepan,
Yo, tsar. Yeah, a long time.

Last week I bought a new Dell all-in-one desktop running Win8. Coming to it straight from XP, I was as lost as a whore in church. Coupla days ago, I got Dell Support to assist me in making a backup and recovering disk, just in case the sky were to fall. Bemoaning to the tech guy about missing the Start menu and all that sort of stuff, he said if I wanted such trappings he could fix me up. So while he had control of the PC via Go-To-Assist, he went to Classic Shell, downloaded and installed the program.

Now I feel like I have a handle on stuff. It by-passes the Lock Screen and boots straight to the Desktop. To access the regular Win 8 start screen, I press shift and click the Start button. The download includes their Classic Start Menu which has 3 styles: Classic, XP and Win7. I can switch between the 3 with ease, but naturally stick with the XP.

roger

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 12:49 pm
@Debacle,
Let me book mark that answer. I've been holding back till they roll out something called windows blue, or something like that.

This release seems to be going over like New Coke.

Thanks for dropping in, by the way
0 Replies