Who Should Play Jesus in New Film?

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 01:44 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Can he act?

Jon Stewart? Dear lord no! Even he makes fun of his poor acting ability in the handful of movies he's somehow cast in. He's not being falsely modest or humble. He's in a few stinkers and he's one of the reasons those movies stink.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 01:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
I mean, The Jews are the bad guys here, right? They're the ones killed him, right?

(So why do they always have these soldiers in kind of, like, Roman uniforms doing it in the movies? Oh, I forgot. It's because the Jews own all the movie studios, right?)
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 01:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
Who took the Jew out of Jesus?

Sort of sung to the tune of "Who Put the Bomp ... "

I'd like to thank the guy who wrote the song
That made my Jesus fall in love with me

Who put the bomp
In the bomp bah bomp bah bomp
Who put the ram
In that sacrificial lamb

Who put the bop
In the bop shoo bop shoo bop
Who put the dip
In the whole passover trip

Who was that man, I'd like to shake his hand
He made my Jesus fall in love with me [Yeah]
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 03:09 pm
Hard to follow that..

Lustig Andrei wrote:

I mean, The Jews are the bad guys here, right? They're the ones killed him, right?

I've never understood that sentiment. Why would any christian blame the jewish for killing Jesus? The bible says God knew it was gonna happen. It's not like the Jews tricked him
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 04:02 pm
I’ll take the part. I’m Jewish, I’m a virgin and I like hanging around men. Cool
aspvenom

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 04:16 pm
@jcboy,
Yes I second that, as long as I get to play Centurion.
0 Replies

Stugotz

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 04:18 pm
George Carlin?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 04:32 pm
Edward G Robinson. Yeah, you mugs. "Is this the end of Jesus Christ?"
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 05:07 pm
Adrian Brody? A nice Jewish boychik.

http://www.jewocity.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/adrienbrody.jpg

Or we could look around for somebody who resembles the face on the Shroud or Turin.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/pilgrimcenter/files/2012/04/TurinShroud.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 05:29 pm
@Ragman,
Good one. Older of course, but that just takes a bit of screenwriting to fix.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 04:01 pm
Daniel Day-Lewis

He's so good he could play younger.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 04:03 pm
@Roberta,
Gus!!!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 04:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

depp is 50yo, Jesus died at 30yo...i think not.

He came BACK!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 04:22 pm
Second thought:

Another Jesus movie?

It's been done and done again.

How about a movie about Mohammed?

Of course it would have to paen to his wisdom and holiness or the producer, director, entire cast,and probably even the Gaffer and Best Boy would have to go into hiding to preserve their lives from the numerous fatwas declaring it is every Muslim's duty to cut off their heads.

Maybe a director might dare the project and preserve a shred of integrity by creating a homage to King of Kings where in the blue eyed Anglo-Saxon hunk, Jeffery Hunter, played Jesus.

The director would have to walk a tightrope of course and leave just enough clues that he was mocking Islam, without inviting his own murder. Considering the apparent lack of any sense of humor among hardcore Islamists, it probably could be done, but who in Hollywood would have the guts?

The answer of course is no one.

Considering the influence of Islam on our current events, one would think that a movie exploring it's origins would be right up the creative alley of a serious film maker.

But no, since the last guy to make a film about Islam, Theo Van Gogh, was slaughtered in public, I doubt that anyone in Hollywood is about to take a chance.

Much safer to make another "controversial" film about Jesus that might enrage those damned dangerous religious right-wingers. Those punks would never cut your head off.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 04:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I agree with you, Finn.

Followed by War of the Worlds.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 05:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
As I recall there was a movie about the life of Mohammad made some years ago. Don't recall the name of it any more. Because the Muslim proscription against the representation of people even in paintings or in sculpture, the film-makers could not actually show an actor plaing Muhammad. If I remember correctly, the scenes were all filmed from Mohammed's POV, so that the movie-goer would feeel that he was in, fact, seeing the world through the Prophet's eyes. Whole thing very reverantial.

Most Muslims still thought it was blasphemous to even make such a film. Go figure.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 05:14 pm
Back in the 60s, there was a film of Buddha. It reminded me somewhat of some of the Jesus flicks. I enjoyed it very much, until, nearing the end, they showed so many repetitious snippets of his experiences I grew impatient.
Ragman

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 05:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Patience, Grasshopper.
0 Replies