@H2O MAN,
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 09:26 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

raprap wrote:

As a result Obama came out of this debate head and shoulders over the challenger.

Rap

Nope. You only think that because Obama is your guy. He was aggressive and agitated and wasn't stoned like the first debate. Therefore, in your Obama loving view, he must have stomped Romney. It's a common flaw in many that look at things like aggression and pettiness as traits to be admired and adored at a debate. Obama did not say anything new, did not lay out any plans, and did not come out "head and shoulders" above Romney.

He beat Romney, because he was internally consistent and didn't rely upon bullshit talking points the way Romney did. Romney really looked sweaty and rambled a bunch towards then end. Not a great performance.

Not that it was a disaster for Romney, either. If you didn't know that he had taken the EXACT opposite position on almost everything he said last night, during the primaries and in speeches around the country for months, you might think he was a sober and non-aggressive guy. It's just really tough, however, to take him seriously when you see him egregiously lie to such an extent, because you DID follow him around back in the primaries. It's shameless and I don't see how any of you can support the man completely abandoning the things he said to get your vote earlier. Or do you just not care?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 09:31 am
Quote:
When the hosts responded no, O'Reilly asked, "so why are we doing this?" He later added that Romney "did nothing" during the final debate and attributed his somewhat muted performance to his desire to attract female voters.

"Women don't like confrontation, and Romney's running behind in women," O'Reilly said.

source

I find this whole Romney changing his tune for women offensive, it is as though republicans are saying that women will believe anything if it is just put in gentle terms. They even defend this strategy as though women do not hear them say that is just a campaign strategy and as though it is acceptable to say one thing one minute and something completely the opposite the next minute if it wins votes.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 09:38 am

Polling indicates that Romney retains his momentum after the final debate.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 09:45 am

The bigger gaffe was when Obama didn't pick up on Romney's geographical
mistake, I guess Obama agreed with Romney's assertion and just let it go.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 09:51 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Polling indicates that Romney retains his momentum after the final debate.

Source it or its clearly a bloody fabrication.
revelette

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 10:08 am
@tsarstepan,
Since it would take several days for real polls to come in after this third debate, it would be impossible for waterguy to source his "statement."

It is going to be close, if all the polls up to this point are accurate, we really won't know until election day. I just hope there are no complications. I am so ready for this to be over with.
Ragman

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 10:15 am
@revelette,
I say (my guess) that people are now more likely to be lying to pollsters because they may not don't want to be perceived as racists. Some folks take perverse pleasure just on principle in lying to pollsters.

My thought is that the plurality will be a bit greater than pollsters have indicated. However, all of this is a bit of a moot point as the Electoral College vote is more useful than is the popular vote. Polling and predicting the Electoral is a bit more complicated and harder to predict. Howerver the majority of the polls generally are showing a bigger margin in favor of Obama.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 11:27 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

...a panic about the economy and will gravitate to anyone who is not Obama...

"Any port in a storm" kept many a sailor alive.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 11:48 am
@Foofie,
as well as syphilis and gonorrhea...
Ragman

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 12:02 pm
@Rockhead,
Except we can cure many of those social diseases, if caught early enough. The damage that can be done from electing an incompetent rookie who needs OJT will be more than likely be opposed by a majority of Democrats once the next session of the Sentate convenes. Such damage at this critical time in our nation's fragile domestic/international position may be irreversible.

You gotta go with the one that brung you to the dance. This is no time to allow a rookie time for OJT as he's a virtual international policy rookie. Romney exposed himself for what he is yesterday...a neophyte and a lightweight on Int'l policy.

Hell, Obama is still getting up to speed and these times are VERY critical. After the election dust settles, the potential of having a split legislature (Prez diff party from majority in Senate) is not a recipe for sucess. We've already seen too much paralysis for FAR too long as it is.
Miller

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 12:07 pm
@raprap,
raprap wrote:

Mitt Romney wrote:
Syria is important because it's Iran's only ally in the Arab world. It's their route to the sea.

I won't go into the additional detail that Iran is not arabic, it's Persia

Where did Gov Romney say that Iran was arabic? He said that Syria was in the Arab world, but where did he say that Iran was?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 12:18 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

The damage that can be done from electing an incompetent rookie ...

You of course mean the "rookie" presently in the White House. The only experience (!) Obama had prior to his present position, was as a "community organizer", which involved strolling through Altgeld Gardens ( Chicago) and helping elderly ladies pack their groceries into their carts.

If you don't think this man sucks, then take a big look at what the Stock Market it doing today...That says it all.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 12:52 pm
@Miller,
I thought Ragman was talking about Obama at first myself actually. Talk about rookies...
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 12:58 pm
@McGentrix,
That 'rookie' has had more success than most of the Pros your side has put forth in my lifetime...

Cycloptichorn
McGentrix

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 01:15 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
What success would that be? I wonder if I will agree with any of them.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 01:21 pm
@McGentrix,
national health plan.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 01:24 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
The bigger gaffe was when Obama didn't pick up on Romney's geographical
mistake, I guess Obama agreed with Romney's assertion and just let it go.

Why bother? Itd be just as useless a retort as your "submarines are Boats not ships-nyah nyah nyah" crap. Sometimes a retort on a gaffe makes you look petty (sorta like spurt-o-grams)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 01:41 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

What success would that be? I wonder if I will agree with any of them.

On the foreign policy front:
Barack Obama: 1
Osama Bin Laden: 0