Who would you most like to debate?

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 11:00 pm
The frowning people would have changed the channel....
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 11:00 pm
Very, very catholic. Television was shameful, you'll burn in hell, you'll go blind, only heathens wear red nail polish, the body is a temple, good girls don't, only sluts do, you know the average everyday 'sex is evil' up bringing.

Your vingette is just about right, except they'd be peering in windows and through lock holes in order to condemn the whoopie. I'd think your scenario should end with someone being smited with lightening. That would be fun.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 03:38 am
JRRT and Peter Jackson - or Mel Gibson and Jesus, as occam said.... or any modern Christian and Jesus, come to think of it. Smile

Or, oooh, ooh, Micheal Moore and Charleton Heston, live, so that Moore can't edit out half the conversation.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 11:54 am
'Our' you seriously think of charlton as your spokesman? Wouldn't be much of debate, just abunch of meaningless platitudes.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 12:12 pm
"Our"? I don't consider him my spokesman, per se, mostly because I don't know nearly as much about him as I would if I cared to. I just think it would be damn funny to watch him make an ass of Michael Moore.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 12:14 pm
What is it with bad actors and political causes?
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 12:16 pm
Oh, I see what you're saying, ceili. That was supposed to be "out". Let me go edit that. Razz
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 12:16 pm
Delusions of grandeur?
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 12:18 pm
Well, they can't act, so they gotta preserve their ideas of self-worth somehow.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 12:23 pm
It seems like it's always somebody that played a bigger-than-life character (the Gipper, the Terminator, Jack Ryan, Moses)...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 02:46 pm
I frown on sex constantly. If someone shows me their sex on a street, I frown and say "Put that thing away right now! it's too small to be out on its own like that...."
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 03:04 pm
So, these two old ladies are sitting on a park bench. It's raining a bit. The first one pulls out a cigarette and tries to light it. Alas, it gets all wet and she can't.

The second old lady pulls out a cigarette and a condom, deftly opens the latter, and unrolls it over the cigarette. She then removes a pair of sewing scissors from her purse, snips off the end of the condom, lights up, and proceeds to smoke.

"What a brilliant device!" exclaims* the first old lady. "What is it?"

"It's a condom," says the second old lady.

"A condom," repeats the first. "Where can I get one?"

"Any drugstore," says the second.

So the first old lady hustles into the first drug store she comes across and marches up to the counter.

"I would like to purchase a condom," she says to the young man behind the counter.

"A condom?" he asks, and looks amusedly at his co-worker, then back to the old lady. Barely stifling a laugh, he asks, "What size?"

The old lady knits her brow and puzzles over this for a second.

"Oh," she says, "just big enough for a camel."

All right, carry on.

*You can tell she exclaimed because of the exclamation point, the point of which is to point out exclamation, though it is mostly stick and only a little bit point.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 10:58 pm
Oh, they've all been to my house for dinner, patiodog... Never shut up.
Anybody but an actor...
0 Replies