Who would you most like to debate?

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 01:26 pm
My choice right now would be G.W. Bush for purely political reasons so I'd only enjoy it if it were broadcast live.

Who would you like to debate?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,703 • Replies: 32
No top replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 01:44 pm
Actually Craven, YOU are among my favorite persons to debate because you are challenging, typically very fair, non-emotional and pointed in your opinions.

I would love an opportunity to trade hooks with Bill Clinton, but wouldn't want it televised because, intellectually and tactically speaking, I believe I would be severely overmatched.

I'd also pay Title-Fight like pay-per-view money to watch Bill Maher verbally slug it out with Dennis Miller on a wide range of topics. That would be a fun show!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 01:45 pm
Hmm you bring up another interesting one: what two people would you like to see debate?

My choice would be Joe from Chicago and G.W. Bush. Mr. Green
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 01:48 pm
Shocked Bush would have to have Joe silenced to stand a chance (even when Joe was wrong Laughing ).
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 02:26 pm
Hey, if Joe ever did any legal work for Clear Channel and they found him making anti-Bush statements, he could easily be silenced. Let's hope he hasn't...

All the threads here regarding 'The Passion' have inspired me to want to see Mel and Jesus duke it out, or Jesus and the apostles, maybe on Jerry Springer, debating biblical interperatation with fisticuffs, horrid swearing, and the occasional "my miracle is better than your miracle." I would pay for that, and join any church that could reproduce it every Sunday, especially if midget wrestlers were the halftime show.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 03:29 pm
I'd like to debate Cheney and see if I could force his pacemaker to malfunction. :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 03:57 pm
Robin Williams - ON speed...about anything.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 03:58 pm
Adam Sandler suddenly comes to mind...about how 'serious' he is about his humour, and how much it falls flat.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 06:38 pm
The pope - but only if he were forced to be honest and answer all my questions. Maybe when he was a little bit younger...

I have often wondered about the pope, and the kinds of thoughts that popes think. It would be a very strange job.

Second to that, maybe Abraham lincoln or Aristotle...
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 08:40 pm
Jack Black or Conan O'Brien, the laughs alone would be worth it.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:21 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Hmm you bring up another interesting one: what two people would you like to see debate?

My choice would be Joe from Chicago and G.W. Bush. Mr. Green

I can see it now:

GWB: My tax cuts are designed to stimulate the economy and create good jobs for all Americans.

Joe: Dude, you really need to get laid!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:28 pm
I could debate Helen Keller with both hands tied behind her back.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:35 pm
joefromchicago wrote:

I can see it now:

GWB: My tax cuts are designed to stimulate the economy and create good jobs for all Americans.

Joe: Dude, you really need to get laid!

LOL, Dude, you....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:40 pm
I've lost whatever piece of a mind it takes to debate well. For about fifteen years it has been this way. I think mainly, I don't retain pertinant facts as well now, plus I refuse to spend all my time chasing links and whatnot. Still, I love a good debate between others and would enjoy Craven/Bush debates.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:40 pm
Osama, and figure out why this guy has cult like appeal.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:42 pm
I'd love to debate Osama too. I'd turn him in and have money to go to college! Woo hoo!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:44 pm
We could share. Smile
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:46 pm
Where I grew up "share" was a euphemism for sex (i.e. "sharing love", "sharing partners"...). Heck there was even a "sharing schedule".

So, in short I agree. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:48 pm
Sex on the brain, huh craven??? LOL

Where I grew up sex was frowned upon.......
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:51 pm
Actually it is very much on the brain today. Long story.

How does frowning upon sex work? I picture a crowd of people with a grave and stern decorum looking down at a couple making wild woopie.
0 Replies