Is it possible to prove the existence of a loving God?

fresco

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 06:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
Correct. Since there are no physical implications for a god concept, the only bases for accepting or rejecting it are psychological or social.
0 Replies

fresco

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 07:09 am
@Frank Apisa,
Stop wittering about "real answers" Frank and try continuing your education with current developments in science. Allow me to suggest for example Brian Cox's The Quantum Universe: Everything that can happen does happen, a book written for the intelligent layman. If that doesn't put a stop to your rubbish about "knowing", nothing will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Due4fbAdSSU

0 Replies

JLNobody

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 10:55 am
@dalehileman,
You find it easier to believe that the universe has always existed; I fine it easier to think of the notion of "always" as a particularly species-bound construction--describing us rather than the universe.
anthony1312002

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 11:02 am
Really all one has to do is look at the complex order of our universe, the fantastic structure of things at the atomic level just for starters. Some of the most die hard scientists find it hard to explain the order and complexity of things without having to, if but only breifly, admit that it appears that a highly sofisticated intelligence using a highly advanced form of mathmatics may have been behind it's construction
JLNobody

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 11:10 am
@anthony1312002,
Pardon my aggression but that's absurd. The complexity ("fantastic structure") of nature is not explained by the imposition of your fantastic construction. That is the problem with all forms of theology.
anthony1312002

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 11:11 am
@JLNobody,
Why is that? Explain?
cicerone imposter

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 11:32 am
@JLNobody,
Humans are a very young species on this planet; that proves evolution at work.
fresco

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 11:53 am
@anthony1312002,
Here's my reply.
The next time you "see" Jesus's face in a cloud formation (or similar) you might realize that "structure" is projected by humans onto the world. Kant recognized this with his term "perceptual a priori". And note that some authors (Lakoff and Nunez for example) argue that all mathematics is reducible to aspects of bodily experience.
cicerone imposter

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 12:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I should have included the simple fact that human sexuality is similar to most animals living on this planet. It's called "process of evolution."
0 Replies

dalehileman

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 12:33 pm
@JLNobody,
Quote:
the notion of "always" as a particularly species-bound construction--describing us rather than the universe.
Point well taken. However the idea of a creation out of nothingness is much more difficult to entertain
dalehileman

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 12:39 pm
@anthony1312002,
Quote:
that it appears that a highly sofisticated intelligence using a highly advanced form of mathmatics may have been behind it's construction
Indeed Tony, well put indeed. The pantheist however looks at it slightly differently. She (the Universe) is a perfectly natural phenom progressing in orderly fashion according to evolutionary principle. While it has come to seem very complex, we must remember that forever is just a whole long time in which to develop

The Universe being Her body and all the activity therein, Her thinking

Yet I'd be first to concede, there's more to the Whole Schebang than we can yet comprehend
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 12:39 pm
@dalehileman,
Yea, who created god?
dalehileman

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 12:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Yea, who created god?
She didn't need to be created, She was always simply "there"

….."here"

….out of a sort of necessity
0 Replies

dalehileman

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 12:44 pm
@JLNobody,
Quote:
That is the problem with all forms of theology.
Wouldn't quite say "all"

There's apodictical existential pantheism for instance
0 Replies

dalehileman

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 12:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Humans are a very young species on this planet; that proves evolution at work.
Sorry Cis but why would it need proving
0 Replies

dalehileman

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 12:47 pm
@fresco,
Quote:
that all mathematics is reducible to aspects of bodily experience.
Obvious, Fres, if only to you and me, that the only reality of math resides in the mind

Of course according to the general principle that nothing is entirely anything……, my observation doesn't imply a dualistic Universe. After all for instance most animals possess a vague concept of number
cicerone imposter

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 01:10 pm
@dalehileman,
Some animals can even "talk." Mr. Green
dalehileman

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 01:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's true Cis, and even to a slight extent understand

……..in perfect accordance with the general principle……...
0 Replies

mark noble

Mon 12 Nov, 2012 01:37 pm
@werter,
There are no 'proofs' of any gods, whether loving (please define) or not.
But, if the adherence to such gets you through the day......
Amen.