Is it possible to prove the existence of a loving God?

werter

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 09:01 pm
Sure, their are MANY "proofs" for the existence of a Creator, or a First Cause, or Source, but are their any proofs that this source or cause is both conscious, and is all-loving?

Fil Albuquerque

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 09:16 pm
@werter,
I rather acknowledge that the Source is the reason of Love and Consciousness or whatever else in our Universe...those very "attributes" normally also require their opposite in order to be meaningfully possible...contrast is paramount to distinguishing the operating value of any property or behavior...as far as I am concern "God" the Source or whatever you want to call it is nor bad nor good not even conscientious but just the reason of reasons and reasoning, and as such, it is LAW and TRUTH !
cicerone imposter

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 09:23 pm
@werter,
"A loving god?" You have to ask that after reading the bible? He drowned the world, because he was angry. Innocent men, women, and children were drowned. How about those animals and other living things? Were they guilty of sin too? Where's the love?
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 09:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
God is bipolar... Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:17 pm
@werter,
If there was a CREATOR, then their should be some forms of vidence of how its creation proceded. ALL there is is some vagure "Testament" , the contenst of which are easily refuted.

MAybe you wish to transcend the simple physucs and biology of the visible world as evidence of its "founder" or scientific foundation. Id think the creato would b proud of its work and not so damned elusive nd evidence-free.
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:20 pm
@farmerman,
You don't really need a CREATOR Farm...you just need a "CREATION" or whatever is the case and a sense of UNITY...the argument for a Source I dislike the term God is an argument against space time as significant and not an argument for silliness...address the underlying matter if you will...
farmerman

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:24 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Then theres no debate . A creation is a wod game that, under the rules of science would need to be defined and limited.
IF an INTELLIGENT DESIGNER is underneath it all, then Id submit that we should have testable ways to determine its existence .punct
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:26 pm
@farmerman,
Who is addressing a damn designer ? hell do you even think I care about that crap ??? My point being that a concept of UNITY is the great reason why people have these sense of God in themselves they confuse an abstract timeless connection in the world with the personified vision of a ubber man !
People detest abstract and they long for concreteness palpable reliable and understandable images regarding that primal impression of Unity in the Cosmos...
farmerman

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:34 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Relax , Imaddressing my points to te initial premise of this thread (Which, as I read is not your contribution so I really dont much care what you do or do not think about the premise).
I sub,it there are no "proofs" of a creator or a creation. We would be able to follow clear evidence if it were so. To deny an argument that is only based upon evidence is the foolishness that gets somewhat boring.
You and I may be just talking around each other so, you have a nice day
0 Replies

Enzo

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:40 pm
The right way to go, before proving or disproving anything, is by defining love, or in other words decide which definition of love one has in mind before going any further. There are so many different types of love to begin with.
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:49 pm
@Enzo,
So I suppose without defining Love one can't or shouldn't prove or disprove anything...yeah I know that wasn't what you meant to say...
Enzo

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:51 pm
@Enzo,
Does this imply love and God are both emotions at best?

0 Replies

Enzo

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:53 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
No the OP asks if a certain type of God exists, specifically a loving one?

Is love a criteria required to be a God? That is also another question I pose to this thread creator.
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:55 pm
@Enzo,
If you go as far as saying Love is Unity stretching a great deal such concepts like "God" or "Love" I suppose they can fit together...
Enzo

Tue 16 Oct, 2012 11:12 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
So in the end what we have is running around in a circle chasing our own tails, so to speak. The thing with connecting subjective concepts such as love and God is that we do not have anything upon which to verify our claims, and therein lies one of the many problems.
0 Replies

fresco

Wed 17 Oct, 2012 12:52 am
Sorry guys, but this thread reminds me of feeding time at the zoo. The keeper (Werter) throws a lump of dead meat into the cage and sits back to watch the entertainment ! Smile
farmerman

Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:28 am
@fresco,
dead meat GOOOOD.
Need garlic though
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:44 am
@werter,
Quote:
Sure, their are MANY "proofs" for the existence of a Creator, or a First Cause, or Source....

There are???

Name two.
absos

Wed 17 Oct, 2012 06:09 am
@werter,
ur question has the answer, god as a concept of creator or creations reason cant b loving

try for once or some to think without knowledge to see ur idea neutrally without meanin smthg else

creator by definition is what cant love

love is the most geniune free max sense, so wat become a point of nothing at all else,
while creatin is clearly the opposite of that fact and sense, since it is what mean all points or max of possible points so against true point fact freedom

also logics prove easily that what is the creations reason is surely the opposite to love, so hate

in principle, what is constantly a reason of else is not free of else then hate all else and any else, if such thing exist then it would b hate just to b hated, so free of else negatively
if u were a reason for others creation, see the result as u, how u would b angry for what delete u constantly for else, maybe u would b more aware then about the true value of being free and consider wht i say that it could b right how truth is freedom all the ways and nothing else

n in fact what sound as an invention of my mind or my will, is actually objective existence as it appears in truth of now

all creations reason is hate therefor all creations are pointed evil life so absolute destructive existence in most calm and clear and evident words

dalehileman

Wed 17 Oct, 2012 10:38 am
@absos,
http://able2know.org/topic/200099-1
0 Replies