What are your gym related pet peeves?

zoomer

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 09:08 am
@tsarstepan,
I for one am disgusted by the cruising queers in the gym. For ****'s sake, go to a bar to pick up your booty calls.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 09:10 am
@zoomer,
Oh? A conservative online troll. How refreshing. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 09:16 am
@zoomer,
Yeah because you never see the straight men cruising for women at the gym. Rolling Eyes
chai2

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 11:51 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Yeah because you never see the straight men cruising for women at the gym. Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing

or the women cruising the men for that matter.

jcboy

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 12:29 pm
@chai2,
Yep, sometimes the gym can be a cesspool for sluts Razz
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2012 12:34 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Yep, sometimes the gym can be a cesspool for sluts Razz

Crying or Very sad I'm so sorry. I just can't stay away.... Crying or Very sad
jcboy

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 02:53 am
@tsarstepan,
HAHA Smile

I’m getting ready to go to the gym now. It’s 4:50 am. There will probably be ten to twelve people there. This one lady I see every time, she’s probably in her sixties, German woman and in better shape then some people I know that are in their 30’s.
jcboy

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 07:09 pm
The Puerto Rican has buffed up to 225lbs!

I pretty much work out to stay fit and trim, I don't care to get bigger, I'm happy with what I have.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 07:52 pm
@jespah,
The Eagles were when I stopped with regular radio stations..
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 08:37 pm
I hate when I go to the gym and they ask me to leave just because I'm not a member.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2013 06:25 am
I managed to escape the gym with my dignity intact in that I left before Shakira's Whenever Wherever came up on my playlist. That song tends to elicit involuntary dancing as it did on the walk back to the hotel this morning.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 07:36 pm
Tomorrow is leg day or 45 minutes of cardio? Goal is fat elimination. Hmm. Cool
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 08:49 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
I’m getting ready to go to the gym now. It’s 4:50 am

do you still go in at these ungodly hours?
jcboy

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 04:41 pm
@ehBeth,
Yep, 4 to 5 days a week, try to be out of the house by 5:00 am, it's never crowded at that time!

My legs are sore today Cool
chai2

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 11:18 pm
@jcboy,
What time you you go to sleep?
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 09:22 am
@ehBeth,
Just saw this after all these years -- I too used to go to the gym at like 5 am - now with kids I cannot. So I am more with the rush hour crowd.

Pet Peeves - peeing in the shower at the gym.

I have many complaints too as I read with poor management and service...but now go to the Y which is significantly better.

A true pet peeves - the open gym schedule - supposed to be up to date online but is always screwed up - so you go when it states it is open gym but then they have a volleyball game going on. Tough when your kid needs to practice basketball in the winter And you specifically bring them during open gym only to find it --- not open.

We have about 100 free guest passes to prove the open gym thing is a problem-their solution give you a free guest pass - I don't want a free pass I want this fixed so that online is up to date and the people at the desk when you call also know what is going on - yes I have tried to call first as well.

Not to mention filling out a suggestion/complaint card asking for a call and no one calls you.

Managers that are more interested in eating their lunch than to answer your questions.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 04:16 pm
@chai2,
I'm usually in bed by 9:30 during the week, 10:00 at the latest. I'm worn out by that time Cool
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 05:07 pm
I just stepped on my scale for the first in a month and a half and I'm not happy but not surprised. I went from 193.5 lbs and 14.6% body fat to 198.5 and 15.5%. Eww. My body fat needs to be 10% or lower for me to be satisfied. Let this be a warning to anyone who lifts and eats "properly" for muscle gain but does almost no cardio.
jcboy

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2017 02:23 pm
@jcboy,
This morning they had NCAA basketball on at my gym. Why do these "college boys" all look like old men? Lame. Except that 1 cute guy sitting on the bench for Duke. Grayson? Dick Grayson? Let's pretend that's it. He's cute. The rest just look like freakishly tall rednecks. Cool
jcboy

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 05:35 pm
@jcboy,
I finally had it out with this one jackass at the gym this morning. I only see this guy about once a week but he takes up three machines. Goes from one to the other. So I walked in and started using a machine and he walks up to me and said “ I’m sorry but I’m using this machine” I said “Well you were using that machine when I walked in and now I’m using this one, you can use it when I’m done”.

Some people are just assholes. Cool