As a consumer or customer, what are some of your pet peeves?

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2021 09:04 pm

Glennn

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2021 09:17 pm
@Real Music,
Gray colored heels and toes on white socks, giving the impression of thicker material in those areas when it just ain't.
mark noble

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:37 am
@Real Music,
Trying to respond to a post - whilst limited to either 'quoting' or 'reporting' myself.
Not that it ires me - Just a bit weird.

Have a variable thread.
roger

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 11:30 am
@mark noble,
Did you notice a button labeled "Reply"?
maxdancona

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 11:59 am
@roger,
I think Mark is referring to times a thread has been locked.
Real Music

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 07:46 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
Gray colored heels and toes on white socks, giving the impression of thicker material in those areas when it just ain't.

1. I know exactly what you mean.
2. It's difficult for me to find comfortable socks.
3. It's difficult to find socks that I really like.
4. I do look for white sweat socks that have extra cushion on the heal and toe part of the sock.
5. It's virtually impossible to find socks that have that extra cushion in the toe and heal part of the sock.
6. It's deceptive labelling when they indicate on the package that the socks have extra cushion on the toe and heals, when in actuality there isn't.
7. That deceptive labelling on socks is very common and quite annoying.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2021 03:36 am
The things I don't like are the things the company forces its staff to do. When I make a purchase I'm not interested in buying the latest promotion they have on.

When I go into a shop I don't want to be accosted by a staff member asking me what I want. I want them to be available when I have a question about something.
mark noble

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2021 07:22 am
@maxdancona,
No - I just went to answer my 'pyramid' preposition, on the Pseudoscience-thread.
Cobbler, I believe - my chosen respondee. "Quote or Report".
What a great Journey it could have proven to be.

Nvm.

Have a beautiful day, Max.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2021 01:53 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't like being upsold. I don't like robocalls. I don't like solicitations of any kind. I don't like cashiers having long conversations with a paying customer when there's a lineup. I don't like people first in line at a stop light not paying attention to the green light. Go! Especially when it's a short left-turn light. Go! I don't like how many drivers become stupid when they're in a parking lot. Should I go down this aisle? Or this one? Why are they crawling along? Go!

lol
roger

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2021 03:08 pm
@Mame,
I can relate to the stop light thing. I hate it! Sometimes, I simply can not bare the responsibility of everyone just waiting to see if I catch it the instant it turns.

I'm also not especially patient with people who use credit and debit cards all day still fumbling to make the machine work for them - especially if the total bill is a few bucks short of ten dollars.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2021 03:18 pm
@Real Music,
I have much the same problem buying socks.

Real Music wrote:

Quote:

1. I know exactly what you mean.
2. It's difficult for me to find comfortable socks.
3. It's difficult to find socks that I really like.
4. I do look for white sweat socks that have extra cushion on the heal and toe part of the sock.
5. It's virtually impossible to find socks that have that extra cushion in the toe and heal part of the sock.
6. It's deceptive labelling when they indicate on the package that the socks have extra cushion on the toe and heals, when in actuality there isn't.
7. That deceptive labelling on socks is very common and quite annoying.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2021 06:26 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
I don't like being upsold.
1. I also don't like being upsold.
2. I understand that it's often their job to upsell.
3. My real issue is when they continue to try to upsell after I have made it clear that I am not interested.

Quote:
I don't like robocalls.
1. I really get annoyed by robocalls.
2. Especially when they happen frequently.

Quote:
I don't like solicitations of any kind.
1. I don't like solicitations over the phone.
2. I don't like people knocking on my door to sell me whatever they are selling.
3. I immediately tell the solicitors I am not interested before they get the chance to go through their long sales pitch.

Quote:
I don't like cashiers having long conversations with a paying customer when there's a lineup.
1. I agree.
2. I don't like standing behind someone who is holding up the line due to the long conversation they are having with the cashier.
3. If the customer wants to continue their long conversation with the cashier, I wish they would finish up your transaction and move to the side and out of the way.
4. If there is no one behind them in line it isn't an issue.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2021 06:44 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
When I go into a shop I don't want to be accosted by a staff member asking me what I want.
1. I am the same way.
2. I rather be left alone to browse and shop.
3. If I need assistance or have a question, I will say something.

Quote:
I want them to be available when I have a question about something.
1. Probably, my biggest pet peeve as a customer is when I can't seem to find anyone to assist me or answer my question at the time I actually need some assistance.
2. It's even worse after I have already told a staff member that I need assistance and still no one has come to help.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2021 02:47 am
@Real Music,
When a customer service call goes to an outsourced company in another country. Had this happen when I had to reset my cable tv that wasn't working. Also had this happen when I tried to cancel my phone service.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2023 12:12 pm
Quote:

1. When I use a Phone Menu Prompts that doesn't allow you to back to the previous phone menu prompt.

2. There have been times when I discovered that a particular selection wasn't actually what I was looking for.

3. So, after coming to that realization, I want to go back to previous menu or main menu.

4. Although, some companies phone menu prompts do give you the option to go back to the previous menu or main menu, there are some companies that don't provide that option.

5. When the phone menu prompt doesn't allow that option, you are forced to hang up, call back, and start the time consuming process all over.
Mame

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2023 12:36 pm
@Real Music,
I don't like it when sales people don't know their inventory. Do you have a pea coat with a back belt? Yes or No? Don't take me all around the store showing me everything but what I asked for. And if they don't know where it is, don't drag me along with you while you search for it. I can wander on my own. Ask someone who does, or send me to them. Don't try to sell me something I don't want.
jcboy

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2023 12:39 pm
@Mame,
I hate it when they forget to take off the security tags! The last time the alarm went off but I kept walking out anyway and when I got home the tags were still on the clothes and I had to drive all the way back to the mall to have them removed! Confused
Mame

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2023 12:41 pm
@jcboy,
I'm surprised they let you out Smile
jcboy

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2023 12:43 pm
@Mame,
Me too, nobody tried to stop me. I usually shop on Amazon but once in a while will go to the mall. What a pain it was to get home and find the tags and have to drive all the way back. There is no way of removing those tags from home.
0 Replies