@roger,
Quote:
It really has been inconvenient in the reply box since the last upgrade,
Thanks Rog for your support, I was almost sure that I was alone
dalehileman

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 01:58 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
I have multiple MAC's and can probably replicate your issues if I know what you are using.
Thank you Ros but I suppose it's primarily an a2k editing problem as it doesn't occur at dozens of other such forums in which I have participated

As for Mac, I'm pretty sure it's the latest 'cause my very competent aerospace No. 1 Son keeps me updated; Browser Safari
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 02:05 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Dale, MJ is right, if the problem is in your reply window itself, then you need to place the cursor into the window before trying to scroll.
Doesn't work. Many time the scroll bar appears after I'm half finished with a posting but I haven't yet learned the secret

Quote:
Also the scroll bars won't appear until you start typing beyond the length of the window.
Forgive my apparent density Ros but that doesn't seem possible

Edited to comment, Aha! you mean not to the right but beyond its bottom, its depth of course; and yes, that pretty much agrees with Dj's post #…564. In any case however it should appear with the box instantly, automatically, at once, as I had asserted it does with every other forum reply box I have encountered

Quote:
I have the same issue(s). I usually just move the cursor around with the arrow keys to get it where I want it to be.
An awful nuisance of course. As I mentioned, the entire purpose of the mouse scroll is to make such tedium unnecessary

Concidentally the scroll bar finally appeared at the instant I completed the last para

Quote:
But I doubt it's anything which can be changed on A2K itself.
I'm quite sure it can for the reasons I've already cited. However as I had remarked, a purchased routine could be difficult to alter and so we'll understand if a2k takes no action
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 02:08 pm
@dalehileman,
This is so odd.
I write, as everyone knows, really long, blathering, sentimental paragraphs of pap. Which remind me, I have a story about that, but I digress. What's never been a problem is having a scroll bar.....because my arrow keys move the cursor
up
and
down
the
page
so
that
the mere
movement of the cursor
takes me to
the exact
line
of
precious, heartrending prose of indescribable worth
I need.
(I know they are because my mother told me.)

Up Arrow
Down Arrow

If you are writing a piece, you are using the keyboard, use the arrows.
If you are reading a piece, use the arrows and not your mouse.

Joe(life is simple until you make it complicated.)Nation

dalehileman

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 02:26 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
This is so odd.
It sure is

Quote:
I write, as everyone knows, really long, blathering, sentimental paragraphs of pap.
Me too

Quote:
Which remind me, I have a story about that, but I digress.
A habit I share

Quote:
What's never been a problem is having a scroll bar.....because my arrow keys move the cursor
up
and
down………….
line
of
precious, heartrending prose of indescribable worth
…….I need.
Yes thanks Joe but as I had mentioned earlier--in several different postings as I recall--the entire purpose of the mouse scroller is to make such tedium unnecessary

Quote:
(I know they are because my mother told me.)
Your eloquence and fluency is appreciated

Quote:
Up Arrow
Down Arrow
Left and right too

Quote:
If you are writing a piece, you are using the keyboard, use the arrows.
Of course I do but reluctantly as I've inferred

Quote:
If you are reading a piece, use the arrows and not your mouse.
Forgive me Joe but this one leaves me me somewhat dumbfounded because I cannot imagine what difference would possibly make the arrows preferable over the mouse
dalehileman

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 02:33 pm
@Butrflynet,
But, thank you for cling my attention to the previous thread concerning the scroll

You'll have to forgive this old fart but at 81 you too may find yourself forgetful
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 02:46 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Forgive me Joe but this one leaves me me somewhat dumbfounded because I cannot imagine what difference would possibly make the arrows preferable over the mouse

I have found over time that constant holding of the mouse leads to a kind of paralysis in my right hand. When I got my wireless keyboard, I was extremely relieved not to have to use the mouse at all.
(That's not really so, I use the mouse, but mostly just to move the cursor more quickly than can be done with the arrow keys.)

Joe(don't sweat the small stuff)Nation

dalehileman

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2012 10:42 am
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
I use the mouse, but mostly just to move the cursor more quickly than can be done with the arrow keys.
Precisely Joe what makes the mouse preferable to the arrow keys, at least in an old-fashioned installation such as mine
0 Replies