Yahoo's Upgrade - help

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 08:06 am
Yesterday I received a notice from yahoo about upgrading Mail, and I clicked Yes (or similar choice). Things were fine for a bit and then I got another notice that my operating system won't support the upgrade, and that I should upgrade my operating system.

Hey, I can't do that - the guru who fixed my mac a few months ago made it clear that snowleopard is as far as this particular iMac can be improved.

So, I had a choice to go back to the old Yahoo mail, and clicked that.

This morning I go to check my emails and get a screen offering me an upgrade, and no choice about it. There's only a gold button with the words Upgrade Now, and no button for No.
I check my fantasy football and baseball links, and they're black. GRRRRRR.

I go to google and look for yahoo.com, and click on that and it eventually brings me to the old email page, and from there I can search for my fantasy group and get into my week 5 football choices. Lot of effort, but it works. Or at least it does this morning - don't know about tomorrow.

So - anyone know how to get rid of the upgrade notice???

Adds, I think I'd better copy my addresses in my Yahoo contacts in case I will have to stop using yahoo. Another grrrrrrrr.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,824 • Replies: 4
No top replies

aspvenom

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 09:26 am
@ossobuco,
It's probably yahoo, as their "NEW" yahoo mail is very unstable.

To go back to YAHOO! MAIL CLASSIC turn off off the Javascript in your browser. Then try going to yahoo ans signing in, which then, you'll be asked if you want to return to Mail Classic, click "yes".
Since you have mac, this is to disable Javascript> Open SETTINGS>click PREFERENCES>>click SECURITY>>Uncheck ENABLE JAVA and ENABLE JAVASCRIPT

Now log out (just to make sure you setting is saved) and if you want you can close the browser and delete the cookies.
Then start up safari again and turn on JAVASCRIPT (with the same process above) and go to Yahoo mail, and see if this problem arises.

If the problem still exists, it's likely a glitch from Yahoo, so shoot them an email stating you problem.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 03:44 pm
@aspvenom,
Just saw this, aspvenom, sorry. I think I see all the posts, but I guess not.

I worked around it, I think, going into yahoo via google and then making that an icon for both mail and fantasy football, without facing their neverending upgrade page.

I'll remember this about the java if it happens again.
aspvenom

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 06:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Good to hear that you got it working.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 06:41 pm
@ossobuco,
I meant that I think I read all the posts as I tend to ramble through New Posts; I have to learn to check My Topics more often, since I miss some.
0 Replies