Is adobe dreamweaver difficult to use?

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 03:56 am
Hello Friends,

i am about to build an E-business and am looking at software. i did not major in computer science and would like to know if i am getting in over my head by buying adobe dream maker cs3 to create my web page. Is adobe dream weaver difficult to use? can someone with a little computer savvy and common sense make use of this software? please comment.

Thanks In Advance.
Agili Ron
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,270 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 05:01 am
@AgiliRon,
I don’t believe you can go out and buy a program like Dream Weaver and just start using it to build a website. Most people I know that use the program had to take classes to learn it.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 05:51 am
@AgiliRon,
As a former Technical Writer, I'd advise someone to take a DreamWeaver class in order to use it. It has a relatively steep learning curve. You'd expect that would be the case as it's a sophisticated tool to write fairly complex webpages.
0 Replies

Zarathustra

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 12:02 pm
@AgiliRon,
Dreamweaver itself is rather easy to use. After all it is just a text editor. The more advanced functions can be mastered as needed. Programmers usually find it easier to code from scratch than use the built in dbase functionality, for example. I know I do.

I am interested in your project. Do you know HTML, CSS2 and 3, PHP, JavaScript, Java, etc? Those do have some learning curve. Along with HTML and CSS you will need to master at least one server side and one client side language. You will need knowledge of database design and use including good knowledge of queries. Knowledge of graphic design, web design, user interactions, etc. is also necessary.

If you don’t feel you have at least most of these skills I don’t think your project will be very successful. Good Luck.
0 Replies

johnadams10

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 05:00 am
@AgiliRon,
I have used adobe dreamweaver and its really very easy to use. You can learn it by yourself and working with dreamweaver can save your time and effort.
0 Replies