Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 01:29 pm
I just opened a Limited Edition 'bag' of Creamsicle Oreos. Very scandalous for some sectors of the Oreo purist world. So? What is your stance on this very highly controversial topic?

Do you have a favorite unorthodox Oreo? Mint Oreos? Chocolate or fudge covered Oreos?

Or are you an Oreo formalist? This is the debate of our times! What Oreo do you think is Obama's favorite? How about Romney?

Inquiring minds need to know NOW!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 3,464 • Replies: 73

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 01:34 pm
Hydrox. We all crave Hydrox.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 01:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
The Hydrox Cookie Is Dead, and Fans Won't Get Over It
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120069573721101481.html
Dated January 19, 2008.

I remember this national nightmare! What a tragedy indeed! Sad I feel your pain Edgar! Sad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 01:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
Deviant Oreos need to be eaten with Milk Gone Bad.
roger

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 01:46 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes! Dunk 'em in soured milk, and toss the whole whole mess where the dog can't get to it.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 01:49 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Deviant Oreos need to be eaten with Milk Gone Bad.

That gave me a great idea! I know you love to drink chocolate milk and whiskey. I'm assuming you haven't named it yet. Milk Gone Bad is the perfect name for that drink. I bet deviant Oreos would taste AWESOME with this perfect drink!

So I can post this drink name on the Urban Dictionary, what is your best ratio of chocolate milk to whiskey Osso? You've perfected the drink I presume. And BTW, I bought a new bottle of George Dickel this Friday.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 02:10 pm
@tsarstepan,
You're right! And that could be the name of my rowdy bar.
sozobe

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 02:16 pm
@ossobuco,
http://www.atomicbooks.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/i/milkcheehc.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 02:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
Gads, you're living the high life! Never ever ever adulterate really good bourbon, whisky, whiskey, or scotch. Well, for those who don't want their gullets reamed out with strong drink, soda or water or ice will suffice, best on the side but understandable in the drink.

In my case, I doctor bad booze with chocolate milk, as I'll describe, and bad wine with fruit juice, for Fools' Sangria.

For Milk Gone Bad, my view of it is to take a standard highball glass and add 1/2" booze on hand, stuff the glass with very icey ice cubes, and top with so called 1% chocolate milk or chocolate soy milk. This is very un-european, as they rightly assume that best flavor is found at temperatures neither too hot nor too cold... but best flavor of bad booze is an unlikely outcome by definition.

Highball glasses are apt to be hard to find now that the trend is toward ever larger beverage containers. Thrift stores are a good place to find them at excellent pricing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 02:34 pm
@sozobe,
Funny, Soz.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 02:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
OMG the double stuffed! I love them, which is why we can’t have them in the house. I will eat them non stop then regret it in the morning.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 07:39 am
@tsarstepan,
personally I prefer double stuff. But my kids like this percular oreos so I support the cause.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 06:53 pm

this summer's deviant flavor --

http://junkfoodguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/shure01.png

tasty... Mr. Green
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 01:12 pm
@Region Philbis,
Nabisco is a bunch of monstrous monsters doing hideously evil things.

The 5 Most Disgusting-Sounding Oreo Flavors Ever Sold in the U.S.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 01:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'd probably like the limeade ones as much as I like the regular ones. They've all got too much filling for me - even the Oreo Thins are too filled Sad The cookies for the thins are fantastic - I'm going to the factory on the weekend to see if I can get a bag of the cookies (unfilled).
Linkat

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 02:28 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I'm going to the factory on the weekend to see if I can get a bag of the cookies (unfilled).

Wouldn't that just be a chocolate cookie?

The idea of the oreo is to have a crème filling - otherwise it is just a simple chocolate cookie.

Just try Nabisco Famous Chocolate wafers - basically the oreo without the filling.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 09:01 pm
@Linkat,
Oreo cookies (chocolate or vanilla) have a really distinct taste/texture on their own.

The Nabisco chocolate wafers are made at the same factory but show up in the outlet much less often - I'd grab them if they were there. 'They're tasty - a bit less sweet than the Oreo cookies. Thin crispy cookies are a good thing (for me).

My mother used to make zebra cake with the Nabisco wafers. Probably my favourite semi-sweet dessert to this day. My ex used to make it to butter me up when he was in trouble.

http://images.media-allrecipes.com/userphotos/250x250/848030.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 09:06 pm
my current deviant Oreo favourites (I peel the filling out)

http://cdn.firstwefeast.com/assets/2015/07/golden.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2017 01:59 pm
@ehBeth,
Peeps Oreos Are Apparently Dyeing People’s Saliva Pink
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2017 02:12 pm
@ehBeth,
When i was a kid my very favorite cookies werre girl scout vanilla cookies with cream fillings and the GSs only made like 3 kinds of cookied. Then they got fancy and started making dozens of kinds i didnt like & discontinued the vanills ones . i was bereft. For decades. Then i discovered that Golden Oreos double stuffed were my old fave GS under a new name. Decades of sorrow gone away in the cookie aisle.