Mame

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 01:04 pm
@Linkat,
Do you remember the powdered tang? God that was awful. Tasted like cardboard. Well, maybe not cardboard, but it sure was disgusting. Compared to orange juice, anyway.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 01:06 pm
@Linkat,
Not astronauts but French Emperors

And whatever the feck this is.

Both adverts were banned because schoolkids started copying them.
Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 01:11 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Do you remember the powdered tang? God that was awful. Tasted like cardboard. Well, maybe not cardboard, but it sure was disgusting. Compared to orange juice, anyway.

Yeah that is what I am referring to - it is still sold although hard to get - I use it here and there to get build off from dishwashers - you put it in the little soap compartment and run the dishwasher empty.
Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 01:13 pm
@izzythepush,
those are awesome - I can see the kids copying that - sad they took away their fun.
Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 01:16 pm
@Mame,
I am more savory as well - I traveled with a friend that had the attitude of you eat dinner in order to have dessert whereas I'd prefer to order an appetizer and dinner rather than dinner and dessert.

When I was a kid - yeah I like sweets much more. Now I rarely eat sweets - and typically if I get dessert it is more on the bitter side - like anything dark chocolate the darker and more bitter the better.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 01:23 pm
@Linkat,
It's a shame, but Tango didn't end there. They had a series of weird adverts.

One that really worked was a cult chanting Go Tan Go Tan, then just as your head turned it around out came the bottle of tango.

They still use the slogan. You Know When You've Been Tangoed.

One thing I've noticed travelling around Europe is that every country has it's own brand of orange fizzy pop sold alongside Fanta, that is available everywhere.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 02:15 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

...you put it in the little soap compartment and run the dishwasher empty.

That is absolutely disgusting that they would sell something that can clean a dishwasher AS A DRINK!

Of course, Coke cleans toilet bowls and rust, too. But I don't drink pop.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 02:25 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Linkat wrote:

...you put it in the little soap compartment and run the dishwasher empty.

That is absolutely disgusting that they would sell something that can clean a dishwasher AS A DRINK!

It's nothing devious about it. It's basic chemistry. It's as simple as citric acid. That's the cleaning component in Tang.
Mame

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 02:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
Seriously? Well, thanks for telling me that. I have a large bag of citric acid and wondered what to do with it. I'll clean my dishwashers.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 02:31 pm
@Mame,
It's one way to clean the bog.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 07:43 pm
@Mame,
Since tang is so cheap and a powder it is an easy and cheap method to clean your dishwasher
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 27 May, 2022 06:03 am
https://imgur.com/bvCEK3l.jpg
https://imgur.com/hkIndOv.jpg
Oreo and Ritz Made a Cookie and Cracker Mashup Nobody Saw Coming
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2023 04:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
Mediocrity has been chosen by Oreo.
Oreo Introduces 3 New Flavors Including a New York City-Inspired Black and White Cookie
https://imgur.com/kdhBFeV.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2024 09:31 am
@tsarstepan,
Breaking news:
A true crime against foodanity!

Sour Patch Kid Oreos Are the Latest in a Long Line of Wacky Flavors
https://imgur.com/Jm9RzQ0.jpg
0 Replies