Do you believe in a literal heaven?

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 07:08 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Frank

I didn't come to this new forum to re-enage in the debate which you find endlessly interesting - How do we know anything?

I believe in certain things, If they make really solid sense to me then I am confident in the belief.

Even if you insist on calling a belief a "guess," have you never been more confident about one guess than another?

May I make a suggestion Frank? Somewhere in the header or footer of these postings (I'm still too much of a newbie to be certain) post the statement: "I don't think anything is knowable. If you do I disagree with you." It will save cyber space.

Finn

One: Why try to save cyber space? Is one of your guesses that it is unusually limited?

Two: How about you decide what you want to talk about and I decide what I want to talk about? Do you have a problem with that?

Three: All that "confidence" you have in your guesses is interesting...at least, to you it is. Frankly, I guess most of your guesses are based on damn near nothing -- and THAT IS something I like to talk about. If you don't want people challenging your opinions, perhaps you ought not to be posting them in public forums.

In any case, I am glad you are here, Finn. I think you will find this forum to be much, much, much better managed than Abuzz.

Hope you enjoy your stay -- and I look forward to our little discussions.

Peace.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 07:14 am
Heaven - One more Grimme fairy tale. For those still believing in a tooth fairy.
0 Replies

g day

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 05:48 pm
Its the great unknown isn't it. Maybe we live in a 11 dimensional reality maybe one or more of our theorised hidden dimensions is closely linked to a diety.

Maybe all our guesses - every single last one of us is completely wrong. Who can know the unknown?
0 Replies

iduru

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 06:07 pm
g__day, I think Frank is turning you into an agnostic. Laughing j/k
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 07:38 pm
G__Day, what qualifications must something meet to be considered a dimension? I must admit your use of the word confuses me (not specifically here in this thread).
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 08:08 pm
g__day wrote:
Its the great unknown isn't it. Maybe we live in a 11 dimensional reality maybe one or more of our theorised hidden dimensions is closely linked to a diety.

Maybe all our guesses - every single last one of us is completely wrong. Who can know the unknown?

Since I have been on your back almost to the point of rudeness since you've come aboard-- allow me to take this opportunity to say that I agree with the thoughts you so eloquently stated in this quoted passage -- completely -- without reservation -- both in the whole and in each and every particular of the thought.

Hope I made that strong enough -- because I meant to emphasize my agreement. :wink:
0 Replies

g day

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 05:37 am
Frank

Very well done! I think we just got started on the wrong foot by a bad defintion or two - but that was very well said and a heart felt thanks!

Scoates

Physicists aren't sure - they are starting by working out possibly topology or shape of these dimensions before assigning them possible attributes.

Until you can reveal more of these theoretical dimensions you can't do much else with them (by my very limited understanding).
0 Replies