The Butchers of the Mesozoic

rosborne979

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 11:37 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

He reminds me of the joker who came here a few years back with the fossilized brain from Tennessee.
Yeh, that's the "Petrified Brain" guy I was talking about.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 11:42 am
Oops . . . that's right, you did mention that joker. The MO is the same. I think Bewildered was a little farther over the edge toward insantity. The guy who, back in the early 70s, wrote the first book about the "Rosell Incident" was crazy like a fox. It started a cottage industry that he and thousands of others have exploited for the last forty years. I don't for a moment believe that clown seriously believed anything he was peddling--he was interested in book sales, and that's all. Bewildered, though, was rather pathetic. He apparently actually believed all that tripe, and it was tied up in his goofy religious beliefs. I think this guy is more like the guy who wrote the first Roswell book.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 11:53 am
@Setanta,
It's a guilty pleasure of mine trying to figure out the psychology of these guys with wild ideas.

Some of them are snakeoil salesmen, like that guy Gunga keeps pushing who sells books about carnivorous neanderthals (complete with scary images to pull in the $$$). Some are stoners with clouded judgement on grandeur. Some are kids (I din't mind those). Some are religious nuts trying to push their beliefs. Some are just here to yank our chain for the fun of it. But a few are true believers in their own ideas. Those are the most interesting to me. Especially when they seem otherwise intelligent, just focused on some crazy idea.
Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 11:58 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
Some of them are snakeoil salesmen . . .

I had exactly that phrase in mind about this joker.
0 Replies