ArtsJournal Blog a Winner

cobalt

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 08:20 am
Found this most excellent online journal today, with excellent links to online stories from 9 forms of "the arts". There are amazing connections to journals I'd not heard of, such as the Philosophers Journal and the Scotsman. Link: ArtsJournal

Two suggested articles: the first is tips for beginning philosophers - from the TPM Online Journal TPM Journal and the Brook Sadler article
article

Then, there is an online magazine called The Scotsman, with a good feature story on why art must or must not be called "good" or "bad".
Scotsman.com entertainment journal

Enjoy! And, I'd love to hear any comments about either. Perhaps those that get involved in the Philosphy forum will also be interested in the links.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,194 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 01:00 pm
Just to clarify that "The Scotsman" is a (national) Scottish newspaper with several (online and printed) sections.
Entertainment is one of them.
0 Replies

kayla

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 08:15 pm
I was told once that you can't criticize the choice, only execution of the choice. I only wish I could see Mr. Tyson's piece up close and personal. Lead-coated chicken nuggets, COOL! What makes art "bad?" Dishonesty? Manipulation? Poor followthrough? Jeff Koons makes me gag. Kinkaid is a whore. But why I feel this way is a mystery. Conceptual art appeals to me in that I love a good thought. Drop paint off of a building? I'm with you. I just wonder how many times he dropped the paint in order to get what he wanted.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 08:29 pm
Kayla what a great quote re criticism and choice and loving a good thought what a wonderful thought. I was just telling my room mate why I loved artists - they except difference and even relish it.
0 Replies