Timetravel

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 03:22 pm
gordy, You used to have a twin of yourself. Wink
0 Replies

gordy

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 03:28 pm
Aw well, The poor sucker is is in a better place now.
I told him not to buy that car!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 03:50 pm
I hope it wasn't a MBZ sports. Wink
0 Replies

iduru

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 10:30 pm
gordy wrote:
The problem is I've printed of all the nice things y'all said. and I read the accident report. So I've proof that the accident happened but I was also in bed that day so clearly the accident didn't happen.

The question is what did happen?

If time truly does exist and can be travelled through.where are all the time travellers?

Haven't you seen the movies gordy ?
The writing on the paper will disappear and any conscience time traveler wouldn't let anyone know because it causes way too many problems.
Very Happy
0 Replies

Thalion

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 10:36 am
I seem to have a slight problem with the extra dimensions theory. Sounds a little bit too much like the whole epicycle mess. "Let's just keep adding extra dimensions that we "can't see" until it works."

You can't go back in time and do something that didn't happen, or it would have happened. I couldn't go back and kill someone. If I could, then the person would be dead by the time "now" came, making it pointless to go and kill them since I already have. Even if time travel was possible, we still live in the direction of time in which entropy increases ("towards the future"). If I were to go back and kill someone, they'd already be dead by the time I was born; I'd already have killed them. So if time travel IS possible, you can only go back and do things that have already occured. You can't change the past.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 10:39 am
Thalion, Logic does poo-poo time travel - especially going to the past. These are scenarios only that works in movies. Human imagination is "creative."
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 11:35 am
Theoretically it is possible to travel to a wormhole in the time. In practice it is not possible.
0 Replies

gordy

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 12:04 pm
I just knew someone would say that.
you're saying that it's theoretically possible to travel using a wormhole?I thought they were just a theory in themselves.

I still stand by what I said earlier on.The best we can hope for is to observe the past,maybe using some funky faster than light telescope.But not participate in past events
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 05:08 pm
Technically we're always viewing th past, sinc the speed of light is does not spontaneously transmit images, but does indeed have a limited speed. We can hear even further into the past than we can see. It's amazing really.
0 Replies

Slowdiver

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 08:07 pm
Why is it so hard to hit a fly?
Yeah, i just register to write something on this beauthiful post.

Well.. Someone wrote something about "The slowing down of time around massive bodies as an actual occurence".

I think we have proof for that in our everyday life. For example, why is it so hard to hit a fly? The massive body of the earth, make the fly´s timeline slower then the human-timeline. So, "timeline" is the experience we get in our minds/senses as result of the matter of ourselfs compered to our gravitational-enviorment. Its a one way ticket.

And, as we experience time, its very comfortable. But its (as someone wrote) much, much more deeper. Time is not moving, but its dimensional.
As im writing this, i might have passed around, stopped, moved up, down. ect. in time. But since my timeline is stopping me from looking around in time, i cant feel or see it. If my timeline crosses a "coordinate" in time where it stop, All my senses, thoughts and presence will not work, and when my timeline moves on again, I wont even notice something have happened.

Im so good at timetravels, because im not sure what we mean..
To se time as it is, and travel in it, or just traveling back and forward in our own timeline?
Im just sure that I will never be able to travel in my own timeline, beacuse right this moment im thinking : "if i ever will be able to travel in my own timeline, i would go back to this very moment, and say hi to myself.." Laughing

Time is the key of sharing the matter of "our" universe with the "parralell" universes. In fact, all the quarks in my body are also used to create other objects in parallel universes, its just in another place in time.

This was alot harder to put into words than i thought, and excuese me for my bad English. Thank you all for an interesting hour of reading.
0 Replies