"Dell Help Center Has Stopped Working"

snood

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 03:29 am
I keep getting a little box that pops up on my desktop that says this. Another box also pops up saying something like "this program cannot open, because its source file cannot be found".

This started happening a couple weeks ago, after I had to open up in safe mode and run an antivirus to isolate and get rid of something that had caused my coomputer not to be able to open up to windows normally.

What it seems like is I've deleted some Dell Help Center File that came with the computer or something.

Any one know how I can get rid of this warning box that has started to come up more and more frequently?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,897 • Replies: 10
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 06:24 am
@snood,
I had that happen to me once, I rebooted in safe mode and did a system restore. It seemed to work for me.
snood

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 06:35 am
@jcboy,
Hey jcboy,
I was getting ready to try this, but noticed the choices I was given for a system restore date were limited to only 5 days back. This problem goes back further than that. Do you know how I can get a system restore date for further back?
jcboy

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 06:48 am
@snood,
On mind there is a box you click that lets you go back farther than 5 days. I have windows Vista on this laptop.
snood

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 06:55 am
@jcboy,
No such box on mine. Windows 7. Thanks, though. I'll ask around...
jcboy

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 07:20 am
@snood,
Good luck, I know trying to fix a computer problem is a pain and frustrating. This video on Windows 7 restore might help, I still believe you can go back farther.

Worth a try.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 08:24 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

I keep getting a little box that pops up on my desktop that says this. Another box also pops up saying something like "this program cannot open, because its source file cannot be found".

This started happening a couple weeks ago, after I had to open up in safe mode and run an antivirus to isolate and get rid of something that had caused my coomputer not to be able to open up to windows normally.

What it seems like is I've deleted some Dell Help Center File that came with the computer or something.

Any one know how I can get rid of this warning box that has started to come up more and more frequently?

I sometimes get: "this program cannot open, because its source file cannot be found." I then press, at the SAME TIME, Control, Alt, Delete. I might have to hold the three keys down continuosly, or press all three keys down several times. When the Task Manager box comes up, I press the new task button, AFTER I choose the provider's ".exe" procedure (executive procedure). I have no idea why this happens. I have no idea if this would work for you.

0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 08:40 am
@snood,
Have you tried reinstalling "Dell Help Center"?
snood

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 08:32 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Have you tried reinstalling "Dell Help Center"?

Yup - uninstalled and then reinstalled - didn't work. But thanks.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 09:24 pm
@snood,
have you tried called india to see if they can send you a new one?

all their help seems to be located there.

I thought I would save you a step...
snood

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 10:22 pm
@Rockhead,
Lol. I know, right?
0 Replies