Rear ended... No insurance!!!!!

Ina Jam

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 08:32 pm
I rear ended someone and my insurance just lapsed prior to this. The police were called and an accident report was taken. The other party said that if I paid them $500 towards their auto insurance deductible, that they wouldn't make me liable for any other damages. They also said they would put this in writting. I would like to know if I do this, can I still be summoned by the court? Will their insurance company continue pursue me for reimbustment even if we have our agreement in writing? I should also metion that myself and the other party have the same insurance company, but my policy was cancelled just prior to the accident.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,143 • Replies: 1
No top replies

InsuranceLady

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2013 03:21 pm
@Ina Jam,
Having the other driver's written agreement will most likely not keep their insurance off your back. The company has more lawyers than you do and will find someway of proving that the other driver had no right to release you from financial responsibility.
What do you mean "cancelled"? Did they drop you for some reason? If you just forgot for a day (and usually have been a really good, long-term customer) you may be able to pay what you owe and not have a lapse in coverage, i.e. your accident would be covered. This is a time where it pays to be with the same company for a while. With a auto policy, it takes seven years of paying premiums to make the company a profit.
0 Replies