DVD player on computer problems.(Answered)

caprice

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 12:13 am
Relative: That's one of my biggest annoyances...no one wants to take responsibility! I had a dud modem in my computer (purchased in '96 and since donated for some sort of gruesome computer cadaver experiment) and no one wanted to accept responsibility. At the time I found the identical model of computer at another 'puter store for $200 cheaper, but it was "refurbished"...when I asked the sales guy (first day on the job that very day...oy!) what was refurbished, he said "I think it's the modem". And I think the company knew about it and wasn't fessin' up to those models that were already sold.

Ranted.

Feel better.

Kinda.

Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 12:16 am
Oh dear.

Well, at the puter shop I go to, I am "Patrick's mum's best friend" - so, unless the boss, Vlad the Impaler, is there, I ...ahem....do very well.

But - I know what you mean!
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 12:35 am
Well, the software and software repair industries usually operate with a policy of no warranties whatsoever (read your Windows license agreement & you'll see what I'm talking about) unless you have some sort of maintenance contract with them. Course, this helps the hardware makers too coz in some cases they can shift the onus to the software makers.

If I fix a machine I'll have the person sign a statement saying their computer was working at the time they paid...with no guarantees past that point.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 12:43 am
dlowan wrote:
Hmm - I am not sure that is happiness...but, let it pass...

heheh...okay so I swapped out the photo of me above for one where I'm grinning like a fiend...
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 06:49 am
Caprice : I understand you completely, rant excused Wink

And we, cumputer professionals, make money on it - ouch! Do I feel bad - no, coz MY computer breaks too and then I do the ranting..
0 Replies